Compensating for something

Status
Not open for further replies.

thexav

Pro Tuner
Staff member
Car
2002 Clio 172
Do people without big powerful cars all think that those that have big powerful cars are compensating for indequecies elsewhere?

Are people with big powerful cars compensating for indequecies elsewhere

or is it that people with big powerful cars are just ordinary guys that got lucky/worked hard etc...

What are your thoughts, and be honest, when you see a 50+ year old in a Ferrari or similar?

i think it depends on the way they present themselves with their car. if they are all like "look at me with my *insert flash car make and model here*" then yeah. they are idiots.
those that are just like, "yeah it's alright..." they just got lucky/worked hard and i respect that...

Well I have a powerful car and it has taken me nearly four years in total to get here! All down to sheer hard work and determination. For all those who have bought a powerful car i.e. Ferraris or such like, I just think - well done that's a nice piece of machinery! ;)

I'm like T9, built not bought is my ethos. However, there's a lot to be said for just going out and buying a fast car. That's a lot of money, time and tears saved right there!

Do people without big powerful cars all think that those that have big powerful cars are compensating for indequecies elsewhere?

Are people with big powerful cars compensating for indequecies elsewhere

or is it that people with big powerful cars are just ordinary guys that got lucky/worked hard etc...

What are your thoughts, and be honest, when you see a 50+ year old in a Ferrari or similar?

What a load of rubbish and your bit about being lucky is even worse .

Have you thought that maybe, just maybe some people might actually buy fast cars because they like driving them.

And whats wrong with someone 50+ driving a fast car.
I wait with interest while you can explain what age has to do with it.

I was getting pretty annoyed but then I noticed.................................

you drive a clio :embarrest: nuff said

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you're missing the point again....I read at as though Xavier was talking about those in flashy fast cars like Ferrari's and Lambo's, when there are far more capable and cheaper cars out there but without the badge tax or "look at me" aestetics. The GTR for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.