Comfortable cars = dangerous

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do you think that comfortable cars are more or less dangerous?

I'm thinking of the soft seats, smooth suspension, sound deadening and interior dashboard trim.

Does it make you feel safe so you drive quicker and take risks? Do you think it might actually make you safer? What about hearing sirens and other cars around you?

Discuss....;)

2 sides of the coin. You can become so comfortable that you're not alert, you're just cruseing around like you're sitting on the sofa, the dangers of the road seem distant and unimportant, you wonder what setting to have your air con at, turn the CD player up a bit and fall asleep in your comfy seat with a nice soft ride.

On the other side of the coin, driving a really stiff ride car with hard seats etc.. makes driving feel like your life's on a thread just going in a straight line, Arrrrgh! and thats more likely to cause accidents because you're more stressed some people might find a hard ride makes it hard to keep the car in a straight line as it bounces down the bumpy road. You don't pay as much attention to what's going on around the car you're too busy focusing on handling the car. On long distance journeys as well, you're gonna have a nervous breakdown

So a good compromise might be a good idea.

I've never ever fell asleep whilst driving. Actually I can't understand how people can do it? A soft suspension though wouldn't make me push it in the corners. I'd be cruising along.