Colt czt

Carus

Car
Mitsubishi colt czt
Hi . I have probe with my 2005 colt . Hits 3000 rpm ish and it has a fit. Power loss , grumbles / bangs general miss behaviour. Has been mapped , de cat , fuel pump upgrade, straight through pipe . The usual mods. No one can diagnose the problem. Anyone a czt doctor ? Pls help it's driving me mental. Been on the drive 18 months

Greetings and welcome to our TorqueCars forum :)

Have you checked the sparkplugs? Are they the right ones? Do your sparkplugs have coil packs and have these been checked? Remember, just because a sparkplug might be some super dooper all singing all dancing plug, it does not by any means guarantees that your car will like it. My own engine is ridiculously fussy about plugs. When you had the Map done, was this before or after the little upgrades you mention?

IF you have carried out the mods AFTER the mapping then you need a remap on a dyno/rolling road so the problem will occur to see if it is a fuel or ignition fault.
IF it is fuel related it will show in the Air Fuel Ratio leaning out provided there is a sniffer in the exhaust pipe.

RULE NO 1 always do power upgrade mods BEFORE |B retune/remap NOT AFTER \B

All trouble shooting is a process of elimination so here is the way I would attack your problem IF YOU HAVE RULED OUT ANY IGNITION FAULTS as per T9's recommendations.

From your description It sounds like it may be fuel starvation to me so I would,
1 partly drain fuel tank to check for water or contamination
2 remove the in tank fuel pick up/pump to check for blockage
3 disconnect fuel filter and pressure blast lines in both directions and install new filter
4 have injectors flow tested to eliminate possible blocked pintles that can restrict fuel supply at higher revs
5 clean/replace air filter if needed

PS I had the exact same problem many years ago when on the way to an event I filled up at a small country servo and got a tank or poor fuel and had to do exactly what I have recommended for you.

Last edited:
Hello and a very warm, if a little late, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin! Really nice to have you along.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back