coated paintwork

philmac41

Car
VW polo 1.2
Hello, can anyone suggest how to remove a coating of almost gritty substance which has covered all the top surfaces of my mettalic silver VW.I suspect some emmision has settled on my car and "baked" in the sun,however,I cannot remove it! I have washed it and washed it to no effect, I did use Demon Shine on it which I have used many times before with no ill effects I am really at a loss, can anyone suggest a product that might help? Thanks.:mad:

demon shine is a pretty poor quick detailer and wont do squat for it.

1st recommendation would be for tardis, look at autosmarts website to find your local dealer. its a strong solvent tar and glue remover - makes the likes of your autogym tar remover look like water. this stuff will even remove spraypaint from car paintwork provided its not had the time to cure.

if not speak to the as rep as a fall out remover may be recommended. downside is these are normally in 25ltr drums at my local one and its not like you can use everytime as it will strip wax and other protections.

clay baring might work but id def try the tardis 1st

i recommend the bilt hamber stuff. ebay has it for around £10 or so a block. and its a big block. 200g compared to the 50g from the meguires kit,. and it doesnt need Quick detailer just water although i use a little bit of shampoo in mine, cut the blocks bown to around 25g bits as thats enough to do a car

VW paint is hard so the regular block will do.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back