CNG(compressed natural gas) fuel system

adib

hello friends,
does any of you know any thing about CNG (compressed natural gas) fuel system and how we can make it work better?

I have a car with a very simple carborator system and we added CNG system to our car but when we use it the power and accelaration are reduced. I need help if you can .

yours adib

Most fuel alternatives like CNG or LPG burn more cleanly but also give less power. You may find altering the air to fuel ratio will help balance things up a little. The timing may also need to be advanced or retarded a little. It would be best to stick to one form of fuel as the optimum set up is different for each one.

The one answer to pull more power out of a natural gas powered car is this, higher compression. CNG is 130 octane, increasing the engine's compression will allow you to pull out more power than gasoline. Honda's Civic gx comes from the factory made to run only on CNG and with high compression pistons that allow the engine to put out more power than it's gasoline burning equilivant. I drive a ford crown victoria that came from the factory to run only on CNG and with high compression pistons to allow the 4.6 V8 to retain power on CNG. I am afraid though that increasing the compression on your car is not an option as your gasoline system will not be able to handle it.

Excuse Me Guys But I Have A Crown Vic And Would Like To Change It To Cng Can You Al Tell Me If Its Posible And How Many Mpgs Does Cng Get On A Crown Vic? 4.6

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back