Clio 1.6 16v which performance exhaust for bhp not noise?

evillemon

Car
Clio 1.6 16v
Alright peeps,

am trying to improve the speed on my clio 1.6 16v (2003), have just fitted a pipercross viper kit and an looking into a performance exhaust but dont know that much about kitting up motors.

bascically i want to get as much speed as pos but dont want anything which will be too loud as i ahve to use my car for work quite often and too much boy racer image will not go down well.

so was wondering what exhaust/parts you recomoend to achieve this and what sort of cost im looking at ?

cheers in advance

lem ;)

try and look towards getting a custom one build for you, places like power flow will build the exhaust to your style.

to keep the noise down look towards a small tailpipe, sub 3", and a keep the center silencer

if you tell them your after a little more power but want it to sound almost standard they should be able do it easy enough.
Powerflow did mine on my prelude, didnt do much for power but was more responsive. cost was £350 for the downpipe back ( old car that didnt require cat )

Smaller wheels will improve your accelleration as it effectively loweres your gear ratios. (Very low profile tyres on the standard rims would probably make a bit of difference.) It will alter your speedo readings as well though so get this recalibrated.

Can you get an FSE Fuel boost valve for these? It would make the acceleration a little more snappy. (http://torquecars.potn.com)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back