Choice of a 911 or a GTR - which one?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Which would you choose and why?

A 911 Turbo or a Nissan GTR? Which do you think would be cheaper to run? Which one is the most fun and which is the most practical car to live with on a daily basis?

Which GTR is also an open ended question?

I'd take a Nismo GTR anyday over any 911. But in answer to your question on which 911, let's narrow this choice down a little. It's a black one! ;)

GTR cause I'm biased and they have been a childhood fantasy that just never went away, and aren't they a fair bit cheaper? Can't imagine 911 parts cheaper than GTR ones, but then what do I know.

Well for outright performance and road handling then I would have to opt for the GTR. That's not to say that if someone threw the keys to a 911 turbo at me I would let it hit the floor and walk away; but for me the GTR just has the edge.

GTR Black edition for me. Funnily enough this is what I am looking for at the moment :)
911 Turbo is really nice though but the GTR I would say is more practical for daily use.

I would say it depends on what you are looking for really.
For build quality and fun the 911.
For performance and practicality the gtr.

^^ I'll just sit down for a minute and have a little think about that one :blink:

ill elaborate just for you os
if i wanted a car to be noticed in id go for a classic 911
but if i wanted something to thrash around in id go for the gtr

hope that makes sense??

ill elaborate just for you os
if i wanted a car to be noticed in id go for a classic 911
but if i wanted something to thrash around in id go for the gtr

hope that makes sense??

It does indeed make sense, thanks herb ;)

Is this really even a question?

What car would you rather?

If anyone says porche it is because they are loyalists.

GTR is a different league.

Its like asking. Which car has the better aerodynamic performance? The Arial Atom, or the Nissan Cube?

As far as classics go Id have both - (in fact i have :cheesy::cheesy:)

Both are built extremely well but there is no contest with the performance stock or when they are tuned

The GTR wins by a street and they are far more tunable

And its the same with handling

The 911 rusts much more although this was sorted in the late seventies .

Despite that a 911 is still a hell of a good car ..........................................

I just think the GTR is better

Maybe.....maybe not

An early 911 pre impact bumper is worth 20-30k in restored condition. The really rare original rs Carrera (1973 only ) probably 70k
A recond seventies gtr will start at around 50k upwards to six figures for a car with racing history

32 and 33 GTRs ( 88- 98) (range from £ 7 - 15k dependant on condition .but the rare models nismo etc much more.
34 GTRs are a completely different matter and don't ever go much below 20 k even for a dog . Top condition 34s are still around the 30 mark with nismo cars more and z tunes up to 50 and beyond

That's a bit more than 911s

Neither. The Porsche has the engine in the wrong place and the GTR is nothing but a computer with wheels. I'll take the new Corvette Stingray instead.

Stingray looks nice but the problem with most American cars is they don't tend to be any good in the corners. Not a problem in America where corners don't exist but over here would be ;)

Corvette Stingray. Really. If America has proven one thing to us, its that they can not build cars that can compete with Italy, Germany and other European countries when it comes to super cars. None, not one American ''super car'' comes close to anything that has been built in Europe.

Having done no research at all on the Corvette Stingray due to the complete lack of interest anything America has to offer from there past efforts I bet.....

I bet the body feels like a tin of fanta. I bet the inertia is plastic and feels like the sort of plastic you remove from the top of your microwave dinner. I bet it comes as standard in Auto. I bet its engine is larger than 4L and produces less than 500bhp. And I bet it corners ok, like a diesel skoda corners ok, but nothing special. I recon it is cheep for the money which is why people will buy it.

How many did I get rite?? :bigsmile:

HAHAHAHA LMAO!!!!!

The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette will use an LT1 6.2 L V8 (376 cu in) with an estimated 450 bhp

God I'm good!!! :bigsmile::lol::lol::bigsmile::bigsmile::lol:

I'm one-sided and they have been a child years dream that just never went away, and aren't they a reasonable bit cheaper. . . . Can't think about 911 areas less expensive than GTR ones, but then what do I know. . . . . .

God, I'm really good

However, at a bargain of $59k, how can you pass on this this `Roided up pony?

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/chevrolet/2014-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-convertible-ar144471.html

$59k....Thats about £35k. The same as a half kitted out A6. You couldn't even buy a RS, Evo, Scooby for that. And they (RS, Evo, Scooby) are no where near supercar technology, yet probably faster than the corvette on a track.

For 35k you wouldn't be far off getting a decent second hand Gtr. I know which would win that battle ;)

Neither. The Porsche has the engine in the wrong place and the GTR is nothing but a computer with wheels. I'll take the new Corvette Stingray instead.

where will you take the corvette ?- obviously wherever it is will need to be in a straight line.

And if you do want the engine in the front why not drive the porshce backwards it will still handle better than most US barges.

and as for being a computer show me a modern us car without any electronics .

I'd take either as long as someone else was paying for the fuel :D I'd rather a '69 charger any day though with the supercharger popping out the bonnet. Yum! I don't care about corners, it's a cool car, fact.

I have never understood the fanatical obsession with the 911. Never liked the styling, looks like someone new to the modding scene tried to jazz up his beetle if you ask me.

Not keen on Jap cars either, but if I had to choose the GTR wins hands down.

I'd take the 911 turbo and then promptly sell it and put the money towards a project car, something like a TVR cerbera with an LS engine..., don't like either of them really, that said I do like the GT3 RS 4.0 (or the 3.8 I'm not picky) and I like the 350z so would have either of those over the 2 in question....

Well if the topic has changed into any unmodded car for around £60k that's different and would change at least half of the votes probably more

And if it was changed to spend the money any way you like you probably would not get two identical answers