Cheap car to upgrade overtime?

Requitalx

Car
Hyundai Coupe RD
I'm trying to find a cheap car that looks good with rims, bummers, blackened windows and also being able to get some more power is needed later on. I like Civics 5 gen and Hyundai Coupe rd1. But im open for suggestions.

Civics are really popular and there are loads of tuning options for them but for real power you can't beat something that is turbo powered.

Do you get the VW 1.8T engine over there in Bulgaria? These can be easily tweaked and tuned, in a car like A3 Golf or Leon you have a pretty cool looking car again with a large catalog of tuning parts.

The title confused my old brain for a while, I thought that you were funding the work with money earned working longer hours :)

Any car can be made to look better and go faster. Choose a car that you like rather than one with the most tuning potential.

Buying a car that is popular with tuners will make life easier but not very interesting, IMO. I thought that people modified cars to be individualistic but by picking a popular car you will be one of many.

Look for a car you like that isn't the normal choice. Modifying it will be a challenge but far more rewarding and you will get a lot more interest and will stand out in a crowd of clone cars :)

Depends on whether you want to fit in or stand out: