car shopping!!! what should i get?!

mmasciocco

Car
sub 2.5 RS
hey guys, this is my first post on this website. soon i will be buying a used car for around $10,000, and im looking for some advice as to which car to look for. i have compiled a list of cars i am interested in. also, i live in Albany, NY so we do get a decent amount of snow. after i get my car i will want to modify it a lot, so let me know which you think is the easiest to mod, which will last the longest etc. also, if you have any car suggestions i havent listed please feel free to tell me. thanks for all your help! i'll continue to read all of your feedback and tell you what i think.

prospects (in no particular order):

'05 Nissan Altima SE-R - 3.5 V6 250 hp FWD

'02/'03 Acura Cl type "S" - 3.2 V6 265 hp FWD

'03 Honda Accord Coupe - 3.0 V6 240 hp FWD

'02/'03 RSX type "S" - 2.0 I-4 200 hp FWD

'01/'02 Lexus IS 300 - 3.0 V6 215 hp RWD

'03 Subaru Impreza WRX - 2.0T H-4 227 hp AWD

'03 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS - 2.5 H-4 170 hp AWD

'02 Audi TT 225 - 1.8T I-4 225 hp AWD

'01 BMW 330ci- 3.0 I-6 225 hp RWD

Thanks again for all your advice. looking forward to hearing from everyone! :D

hey guys, this is my first post on this website. soon i will be buying a used car for around $10,000, and im looking for some advice as to which car to look for. i have compiled a list of cars i am interested in. also, i live in Albany, NY so we do get a decent amount of snow. after i get my car i will want to modify it a lot, so let me know which you think is the easiest to mod, which will last the longest etc. also, if you have any car suggestions i havent listed please feel free to tell me. thanks for all your help! i'll continue to read all of your feedback and tell you what i think.

prospects (in no particular order):

'05 Nissan Altima SE-R - 3.5 V6 250 hp FWD

'02/'03 Acura Cl type "S" - 3.2 V6 265 hp FWD

'03 Honda Accord Coupe - 3.0 V6 240 hp FWD

'02/'03 RSX type "S" - 2.0 I-4 200 hp FWD

'01/'02 Lexus IS 300 - 3.0 V6 215 hp RWD

'03 Subaru Impreza WRX - 2.0T H-4 227 hp AWD

'03 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS - 2.5 H-4 170 hp AWD

'02 Audi TT 225 - 1.8T I-4 225 hp AWD

'01 BMW 330ci- 3.0 I-6 225 hp RWD

Thanks again for all your advice. looking forward to hearing from everyone! :D

Buy a JAGUAR, they are a dream machine, everyone who owns one loves them and says they are the favourite of all the cars they have ever owned, myself included. Check out my profile pics and see why a Jag is the car for you~!~!~!:bigsmile:

not saying this because im a nut, but acura or honda as we know them
theres 2 types of car fanatics in the usa, muscle or honda

i know gas is cheap over there,having a 1.8 vtec will be very economical
plus parts such as turbo kits are dirt cheap for honda in the states,

just go on to you tube and watch honda turbos racing supercars, it will make up your mind for you

not saying this because im a nut, but acura or honda as we know them
theres 2 types of car fanatics in the usa, muscle or honda

i know gas is cheap over there,having a 1.8 vtec will be very economical
plus parts such as turbo kits are dirt cheap for honda in the states,

just go on to you tube and watch honda turbos racing supercars, it will make up your mind for you

x2... Get a Honda!

thanks for the advice so far. i'm definitely not against hondas. how dangerous would it be to put a turbo in an rsx, cl or accord? my main concern is the safety of my engine, but also want a good amount of power. would it be safer to put a turbo in the SE-R, IS 300 or 330ci? thanks again

ok you dont want turbo, or damage your engine,

somthing with a k20 is your option
a dc5 integra is perfect for you

dont worry about damaging the engine,their just so built for abuse
and with that engine, and a few minor mods, youll have 240 bhp, this will surely put a smile on your face, and besides that, it will also leave that 330 bmw for dust

stock turbo would be fine with me. a wrx would be a good first tuner car, and theyre great in the snow. i have a 2.5RS now, so im already familiar with the impreza, and i like it a lot.

stock turbo would be fine with me. a wrx would be a good first tuner car, and theyre great in the snow. i have a 2.5RS now, so im already familiar with the impreza, and i like it a lot.

Just because the Scoob is 4 wheel drive don't expect it to be perfect in the snow.
The turbo models have alot of torque so in snow 4 wheel drifting is very easiely done but could result in an accident.

the impreza is great fun in the snow, although yu cant of course use all the power. my dad's been using mine for weeks and it so much better than my sisters 4wd Audi TT.

right now i'm definitely leaning towards a wrx. i love awd cars, along with japanese tech. and reliability. the wrx has the handling i want along with the power, and potential i need. for a first tuner car i think this is the best choice. i'm also a biggg nissan fan, so i think my next car will have to be a g35 =]