Torque Cars

Car park dings.

Discussion in 'General car Chat' started by Loz, 23 May 2012.

1. Loz

Loz Torque King

Wolverhampton, U.K.
    Car:
    MX-5
    Come back to the car today to find not one but two dents in the door & a paint chip, I could have cried. :( In all the time I had the MG I never got one dent.

Some people just don't any consideration when it comes to other peoples property. :mad:

2. T9 man

T9 man TC Pro Founder Moderator

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    The dirty scumbags :sad2: So sorry Loz :sad2:

3. Jakeymd

Jakeymd The Torque Meister

Ashbourne
    Car:
    Ford Focus 2.0 TDCi
    I had a lovely handbag (probably) scratch all the way down my car. Polished it out last weekend. Some people just dont care!!

4. Loz

Loz Torque King

Wolverhampton, U.K.
    Car:
    MX-5
    Not so long back I watched a woman drive her SUV into the side of a car in a Sainsburys car park, she backed out the space & drove off & looked me straight in the eye as she drove off! So I wrote her reg down with a small note explaining what happened & left it on the car.

Ho hum, anyone used the company ChipsAway? Are they any good?

5. T9 man

T9 man TC Pro Founder Moderator

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    Yes I have used ChipsAway before, a man call Ralph Moffett based in Essex and he was very good. He then decided to move away (ruddy inconsiderate that) so I was left finding a replacement. Came across this wonderful Chinese guy called Wayne *Smart Tech* who is an absolute marvel on paint chips & scratches, alloy wheel repairs and leather trim repairs. Been using Wayne for almost 5 years now :bigsmile:

One thing though Loz, if you see a ChipsAway guy then go directly to him, grab a card if you see him working or jot down his number if you see his van drive by.

ChipsAway charge a hell of a premium to go through their call centre for you to make the initial contact, after this though you can then get his number direct and cut out the middleman ;)

6. Loz

Loz Torque King

Wolverhampton, U.K.
    Car:
    MX-5
    That's a good tip cheers Os.:D

7. andyalbone

andyalbone Track Warrior

nottingham
    Car:
    Honda Integra dc5
    it happened to me just after i put the integra up for sale lost so many sales chances to sell and cost me £200 gutted was an understatement

8. gummy

gummy Torque Master

england heathfield
    Car:
    skyline r34 gtt
    That sort of thing really bugs the hell out of me,i always try to park away from others especially 4x4 as they usually have kids in who just wang the doors open against what ever is beside them,i know they dont know!but it is still annoying,shopping trolley dinks are a pain in the but aswell!!

9. fredkruger

fredkruger Torque Junkie

england birmingham
    Car:
    ford focus silver
    carparks are bad enough but yesterday a kid rode past my daughters corsa on his mountain bike and left a nice eight inch scratch right down to the primer.parked outside the house.our babys are not safe out there.

10. bigbadjoe

bigbadjoe Pro Tuner

Elgin - Scotland
    Car:
    Evo 8 @ 400bhp
    Any CCTV around? If there is tell them you need to see it for insurance reasons then once you see it and get the number plate, hunt them down and put a dink or two in there head! :blink1:

11. Loz

Loz Torque King

Wolverhampton, U.K.
    Car:
    MX-5
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! He's back! [​IMG]

It's a Virgin trains owned carpark run by NCP, I imagine to getting CCTV footage will probably cost me more in fee's that getting the dents repaired. :amuse:

12. bigbadjoe

bigbadjoe Pro Tuner

Elgin - Scotland
    Car:
    Evo 8 @ 400bhp
    LOL!

Thanks LOZ LMAO

I supose it would cost a bit to get it. Just an idea

13. turbonutter69

turbonutter69 TC ModFather Moderator

Alone in the dark.
    Car:
    Insignia SRI.
    Report it to the police. They'd probably class it as fleeing the scene of an accident.