car money

Not too much, tyres and suspension and an induction kit. Only about £1000 so far and I needed the tyres.

I do have big plans but I don't think I will ever be able to afford it!

It would truly SHOCK you if I was to reveal the exact figure to date, which I am able to do right down to the last penny as I keep absolutely everything itemised on my PC for reference purposes - what was fitted, by whom and when, total expenditure cost per garage visit etc.
As a small clue it is in the tens of thousands! and before you ask? no that does not include the initial cost of the car! The reason being that I am very very fortunate to be able to buy within reason the car of my choice, but to take a standard car and create something truly unique and that constantly puts a smile on my face - now that my friend is absolutely priceless! :bigsmile:

witch one i have 3 lol
kitt nothing yet
the astra 100 quid for a ecu and a full service
the landrover most likey about 1000 on that one bigger tyres springs winch ect

not that much

carputer £300
various intakes £120
Exhaust £320
Uprated diverter valve £80
Uprated turbo pipe £0
Bembo brakes £240
uprated pads for above £70 and £120
new discs £140
2 new batteries £90
waterpump £300
thermostat £20
Revo remap £250
4 services averaging £120
and about 6 oil changes @ £50 a time

think that covers most
so just under £3k :)

dont know if ive spent more than T9 but I expect it will be close and all done for the same reason . turning any car into something really unique is priceless.

Re how much
I have all the bills but wont ever add them all up - I thnk knowing the total would make me stop..................... and I feel Im only halfway there at the moment

I haven't kept a detailed list like T9 but the big stuff:

Engine - £10,000
Gearbox - £5000
Diff - £600
Chassis and suspension mods - £2450
Driveshafts - £600
Guages - £500
Radiator - £250
Intercooler - £500
Dampers - £2200 (yet to be bought)
Wheels - £1600 (yet to be bought)
ECU - £1800
Exhaust - £1600
Carbon fibre doors - £800
Carbon fibre bonnet - £250
Carbon fibre boot - £150
Carbon fibre dash - £200
Carbon fibre interior trim - £300
Carbon fibre rolls for new body - £700

= £29000. I reckon at least another £10000 on small bits and pieces.

This has been spread over around 5 years.

You've ordered a charger!? :D Tell me more!

Yep! :D

It should increase power to over 200bhp, using a 3.8" pulley. However, I was offered a 3.6" pulley so I should get a little bit more! For now it will be a stage 1 build. Stage 2 will see the RRFPR gone, bigger injectors, smaller pulley and a water/meth injection system. With these kits the little 4 pot can out power the M3!

Downing Atlanta Supercharger information.

BHP/Torque Graph.

The E36 M3 with 286hp?

Sounds good but that's all marketing waffle and a load of made up graphs!

Yeah. The first E36 M3 was a 3.0l that put out 286bhp, the evo was a 3.2l that supposedly put out 317bhp. A 3.2" pulley can allow the 'charger (complete with other mods) to hit the first of the two figures mentioned.

Of course most of it is marketing, but we shall see if it's waffle and made up graphs!

I'm not saying it won't produce that power or whatever...it's just graphs plotted on excel and marketing b*ll#!#!#!#! really annoy me but companies have to make sales, after all.

Anyways bud, look forwards to seeing all the action when it arrives :

What does your car weigh?