Buying Import cars Online

Z

Zahna

Okay so i had a few questions if anyone can help me out...
firstly
is it a good idea to buy a car(supra etc) online from japan because they are really cheap?
if so what are some reliable sites i can look at.
secondly whats important to look at when buying a used car especially if i want the car to be able to withstand a lot i.e. time/high performance
how do i know its not too old of a car to upgrade or not already worn out whats the main components that i can manually test and how

alright that's all it was too confusing just answer the first half :p
k thanks

I've no personal experience with importing cars, but I was looking into importing an EK9 myself until I found out the insurance wanted £3k lol.

Firstly and most importantly in my mind, go with a REPUTABLE company. Go and see them face-to-face too. They can often source a car to your exact requirements (standard, modded, low mileage etc) but obviously for a slight premium. A good one will also convert the car for use in the UK, register it, mph conversion and even underseal it etc etc.

However, the cars that come from Japan are often in VERY good condition. Unlike here, they look after their cars very well and with respect.

Also, when pricing up importing one against buying on that is already imported, the prices may look cheap but remember you're going to have to pay VAT, shipping, Import duty, MOT, customs, SVA, MOT and a couple of other charged im probably missing. Import companies tend to factor all this into one big charge though, to take all the hassle out of it.

I would never import directly as this is like buying a car you have never seen. If it did turn out to be a dud and you got the seller to agree to take it back (unlikely) you still have the shipping costs and documentation to sort out.

Use an agent local to you who will give a decent warrantee. See and test drive the car first and only buy it if you are 100% happy with the importer and the car.

I would never import directly as this is like buying a car you have never seen. If it did turn out to be a dud and you got the seller to agree to take it back (unlikely) you still have the shipping costs and documentation to sort out.

Use an agent local to you who will give a decent warrantee. See and test drive the car first and only buy it if you are 100% happy with the importer and the car.
finding an agent thats loyal is the most important,

some import garages in ireland will find you a good import that is exactley what it says on the tin, they charge you a fee of 1500 euros for it though

even though it works out around the same as in walking on to a fourcourt and buying 1, i think its a much better option

reason being, you will be the very first owner from japan, which is a good thing, if your the second owner, the first would have probably gave it a good trashing,

this is a good subject, between us all if we can source a good company, agent and good car, at least those looking to import a car would have a good recomendation

forgot to mention, im after a car too, so any knoledge i will let ye all know