Building a custom car body

rallyrace83

Car
sentra 88
it has always been a dream off mine to build a car from ground up starting at the body doing work until i find it perfect i was wondering if anyone can give some tips

Re: car body

I'd say to start off with a kit car. Something simple like a Robin hood. That will give you a lot of experience and a good foundation to work from.

What is it that interests you? Custom body, performance or general mechanical knowledge? Or a mix of all of these?

for my interest i am actually planning on doing this more than once make one for riding one or two for racing depends on my funds. my rider will mostly just look nice but will be fast enough to put a couple teenagers in there place. for my racer(s) i will hope for one tuner and one muscle but just one or the other will be nice

Thats a good plan. I hope you start a project thread in the gallery when you get going.

I would research building a kit before you start, I built a Cobra 20 years ago and it was good fun with nothing more than an MOT at the end to satisfy the DVLA, nowadays though you have to get the car IVA tested before you can use it on the road, 40 page document full of rules and regulations that must be adhered to, check out a few of the kit car forums to see what i'm talking about.
If the racers don't need registration numbers I would stick to building them.

Old Git will probably be around soon i'm sure he'll have some tips and general info for you buddy.

Thanks, TB :)

Are you thinking of building a kit or actually designing and building the chassis/body/suspension/transmission/etc from scratch?