Budget coilovers for BMW E46

hough

Road Burner
Car
VW T5 swb 2.5tdi
Im looking at getting a set of coil over springs, but has anyone every brought of used any of these make
Technix
Prosport
Venom fx
LO suspension​
please can you give me some feed back as i need a budget band as funds abit low and have to replace my dampers

Im looking at getting a set of coil over springs, but has anyone every brought of used any of these make
Technix
Prosport
Venom fx
LO suspension​
please can you give me some feed back as i need a budget band as funds abit low and have to replace my dampers

It's unusual for dampers to fail. Certainly the E39 and later 5 series cars have gas dampers anyway. Not that I have much knowledge of 3 series models.

Does it need lowering or stiffening anyway? Even the standard and SE spec cars have stiff yet forgiving suspension. The Sport derivatives are firmer and I suspect that a set of coil-overs might upset the fine balance that BMW's cars have from the factory.

i was going to lower her but not sure how much, my car failed the mot and need a front and rear damper and it seems cheaper just to replace the whole lot in one go

For your 3 series I would be inclined to replace the dampers with OEM ones!
As HDi has already said, the coil-overs will upset the natural balance of the car and coil-overs are not for the faint hearted.
I have them on my own Saab and as good as they are, I have had to sacrifice some comfort for a handling performance gain.
From what I gather on here by other owners, BMW parts are surprisingly cheap to buy, I assume you have looked into the pricing of the OEM units compared to your coil-over choices? You say your budget funds are low but if you do go down the coil-over route, then you must factor in the cost of having a full geometry set-up done on your car. Without it; you may well suffer unpredictable handling and excessive and uneven tyre wear.

I'd stick with standard. The ride in an e46 is brilliant and bmw spend millions on r&d. It's hard to beat with anything in it's class. My mate had the same problem, wanting it lowering, but it would have ruined the ride.

any ever used JOM blue line

I haven't (used suspension mods in any car).

If it's failed on dampers, have they given you a reason why?

I agree that if they are failing then replace the whole lot but I'd be very circumspect about 3rd party components. BMW OEM parts are very good value. I'd avoid messing with other ones.

i mentioned Jom coilovers as i have seen them on a few car in bmw performance magizine on some of the feature cars, i want to get adjustable coilover is i want to lower my car but not sure how much i want to lower the car by, as im told because i have the 18" m3 e46 wheels with an offset of 26et front and 47et rear this could be a problem, also i plan to put stretched tyres on my rims to help will the clearance on the wings

Check your PMs!

Offsets shouldn't be a problem. If anything you may want spacers on the rear. I run ET22 at the front and ET17 at the rear on my E36.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back