Bora

Car
VW bora 1.8t (180)
Hi I'm jake and I'm new. Recently bought a VW bora 1.8t (180bhp) can anyone give me tuning tips, already have a long life exhaust with sports cat and induction kit, what next?

welcome to the site mate :bigsmile:
for the tuning side of things me personally i would get a upgrade dump valve (the standard bosch ones are prone to splitting) and a remap then leave it there engine wise (unless you have lots and lots of money to spend????)

cause speaking from personal experience i wish i would have stopped there!!! and spent the rest of my money on the handling and looks
nod.gif

Cheers done the dump valve forgot to say, was thinking bout remapping and maybe cams but not sure on prices, tight budget at the mo

Cheers done the dump valve forgot to say, was thinking bout remapping and maybe cams but not sure on prices, tight budget at the mo
i thoroughly recommend a remap it does completely transform the cars performance
nod.gif
and these can be from £250-£500 depending on if you want a switchable map and where abouts you are in the country you are from

remap will give you up to around 210 bhp however the k03s is advised as having 220bhp as a safe max by VAG themselves. there are some companys that claim its good for 240.

only seen a few cam prices mate and they arnt cheap anyway.
best route if your wanting more power seems to be K04 upgrade form the 210-225 varients of the 1.8t or hybridise the 03s ( this is the route im thinking of going as it will be a straight swap, no messing about with manifolds, exhausts intakes new sensors etc)
otherwise your going to be spending a fortune on big(ish) turbo routes. good thing is the engine is good for around 350bhp.

bad thing with the 180 versions however is the gearbox - try and find a cheapish upgrade as you cant use the G60 and VR6 mix of clutch and flywheel cheapest ive found is just over a grand. plus side is its supposed to be a diesel clutch so can take to around 300 ftlb

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back