bonnets

might struggle, could always get a custom made one, but surely this will be mega expensive :s probably 3 times as much as a batch produced one, so maybe lookin at 1,500 quid

cheers for that would still like to get one will have to do some more searching

cheers for that would still like to get one will have to do some more searching

If interested, I can supply you with contact details for my CF wizard. At the moment, he is making bonnet and doors for me. As he is in Southampton, he is not too far from you, either.

Alternatively, have a look at www.carbonweezel.co.uk to see examples of his work. You will also find contact details here.

If interested, I can supply you with contact details for my CF wizard. At the moment, he is making bonnet and doors for me. As he is in Southampton, he is not too far from you, either.

Alternatively, have a look at www.carbonweezel.co.uk to see examples of his work. You will also find contact details here.

Thanks for the info will check it out :bigsmile:

If you dont me asking what car bonnet areyou having done and what price

are they charging to give me some sort of idea

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info will check it out :bigsmile:

If you dont me asking what car bonnet areyou having done and what price

are they charging to give me some sort of idea

A bonnet for my Elan. Below is the first fitting prior to finishing.

Pricing is not easy as I supplied the CF. Nick got me enough CF to do all the panels and the body, so I am supplying the CF for my parts and only paying labour. However, I don't know what that is yet :) Best to talk to him and ask for a quote. Cost will depend on the finish and stiffness you require, but will be less than £1500!

thanks again for that ,ive emailed them and sent them a photo of my car so hopefully they will reply will keep you updated , you got some major work ahead of you there from those photos you posted

I've always wondered about swapping the washer jets over when fitting a new bonnet... hmm, gonna have to look into that and try to find a DIY thread.

A lot of bonnets come without holes these days. I removed one of mine and relocated the other washer jet to the scuttle panel. Using wiper arms with the jets already built in it another option.

Old git, have you a close-up of the weave? What's the quality of the CF like? And he uses UV resistant laquer? Cheers.

The weave depends on the CF used and there are many types and weave styles. All my CF parts so far have been painted to look like standard fibreglass parts. However, the bonnet and doors will be arriving sans paint, so I will post photos as soon as they arrive.

The quality, as far as I am concerned, is excellent. His very full order book is testiment to the quality. I will check on the laquer and let you know.

Hi there... Where do u get Bad Boy Bonnets from? or hw u get them made... golf Mk4... thanks

Bad boy bonnets can be done by welding an extension onto the bumper and smoothing it over so it matches the curve. Personally, I'd avoid a bad boy bonnet on a Golf though. I don't think it would suit it.

ditto look stupid unless your 17 and driving a saxo/corsa/clio/punto/ insert whatever th local BR drive around you
not seen any for the golf but you could make it by getting the light brows fabricated onto the bonnet and the gap between them filled with fiberglass then sanded and sprayed.