bmw318i

Hi creature, try Piper Cams or Kent Cams. If they do not stock one they can usually do a custom grind on your exisiting cams.

No worries mate. Let us know how you get on and it will save other 318 owners a bit of time looking around.

piper cams website is quite poor and fails to load on multiple computers, however kent is great as they have a dealer about 5miles from me. how about induction kit reccomend one?

would an insurer actually look to see if the cam system had been modded?

It's just not worth the risk. You can tell if an engine has been cammed by the tickover - it is usually a little lumpy. In a lot of engines you can see the cam if you unscrew the oil filler cap.

As for induction kits are you after the noise? I tend to recommend the panel air filters as these are washable and are not considered modifications from most insurers (still tell them though!). I have a pipercross panel filter in my car and it's now about 3 years old and still going strong (must be time to rinse it out again though).

i was just wondering if you could describe it as a stealth mod lol. As for the induction kit i dont really mind what my car looks or sounds like just as long as it performs.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back