Blowing water out of no2 cyl

AussieBMWnut

Car
2003 E46 318
Hi all, i have just purchased a BMW E46 318i with a N42B20AB. So got it Cheap as it was not running. Got it home hooked up a good battery and it fired up but running on 2 to 3 cyls.I removed the coils and 3 out of 4 looked Faulty/Damaged. No 2-plug tube was half full of engine oil, so i sucked that out before removing the plugs all of which were only finger tight. All plugs looked very poor but 2 worse than the other 2. So, i did a compression test and all 4 cyls were around 150psi. BUT no 2 cyl was pushing water out while testing the other 3 cyls. So before i drop 4 new plugs and coils in and see what happens, Has anybody seen water only into the plug tubes or a head gasket fractured to water port but still maintaining compression. Side note it has water in the oil that i am hopping to be an oil cooler. Thank you in advance for any insight.

Sounds like a head gasket, but hopefully u are correct & it's an oil cooler, buy yourself a combustion gas check kit, they aren't that expensive, the kit is used to check combustion gasses in the coolant, this will bea good indicator for a blown head gasket.

Thank You Diesel747 i am now well under way to remove the head. I am confused that the cyl has 150psi comp but i cannot see any other way for it to get water in the cyl to then pump it out on rotation. I need to do the chain and guides and give it a good clean any way.