Big pile up in Kent

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Around 200 cars were involved in a massive pile up in foggy weather in Kent last night.

People just don't drive to the conditions. Perhaps cars should be fitted with radar for foggy weather.

200 cars, there is no excuse for this really. You should drive at a speed which enables you to stop safely within the distance you can see ahead.

Do you chance it in fog? Have you had any near misses?

Agree with both comments .Some drivers are stupid kents maintaining speed into foggy limited visibility conditions.

Some reports of drivers without even side lights on :amazed:

My thoughts are with those who are seriously injured :sad2:

As much as I want to feel sorry for some of these people, I cannot.

There was horrific fog on my way to work yesterday morning, the amount of people that had to brake harshly because others didn't have fog lights on was, to say the least, pure stupidity, and the people who kept braking, don't stick so close to the driver in front! It's not bloody rocket science.

Many don't realise the importance of vision and visibility. This is why they are totally unlit or running just sidelights in fog. They are invisible more than a few dozen yards away.

But in their stupid little minds that's not a problem cos they never look as far as that anyway.

It's the people that stop and have someone plough into the back of them that I feel sorry for.

It's the people that stop and have someone plough into the back of them that I feel sorry for.

Why don't they turn their foglights on?

Out of curiosity, when MG ZR's where sold, fog lights came as an OPTIONAL extra. Is it a legal requirement to standardise fog lights nowadays?

It's an mot fail if you don't have working fog lights. Jap imports have to be fitted with them as they are not a requirement over there.