Torque Cars

Big Changes...

Discussion in '205/206/207/208 forums' started by MichaelvanAswegen800, 23 January 2015.

1. MichaelvanAswegen800

MichaelvanAswegen800 New member

Johannesburg, South Africa
    Car:
    Peugeot 207 gti
    Hi all, I was wondering if it would be possible to fit a mini cooper s 6 speed gearbox to my peugeot 207 gti? If not which gearbox would fit? My next question is if its possible to source a supercharger to fit the gti? Any help would be appreciated thanks

2. jarrus

jarrus Pro Tuner

West Midlands, UK
    Car:
    Suzuki Swift Sport
    Couldn't say for sure, but I think you'd probably have better luck using the Citroen DS3R gearbox

3. MichaelvanAswegen800

Car:
    Peugeot 207 gti
    thanks mate

4. davalav

davalav Moderator

Essex, England
    Car:
    Mini Cooper S R56
    Only if the Cooper S is an R56 with the Turbo engine in. I think later 207 gti's had the same gearbox. Supercharging a prince engine is difficult as there isnt any room in the engine bay, its a squeeze with the turbo!

5. MichaelvanAswegen800

Car:
    Peugeot 207 gti
    So if I can source a 2009 cooper s gearbox which is the same year model as my gti the 6 speed would work? Do you maybe have an idea of how much the stock turbo can boost?

6. davalav

davalav Moderator

Essex, England
    Car:
    Mini Cooper S R56
    Sure, as long as the engine in your 207 is the (Prince) N14 engine. I'm sure the 207 gti gearbox a getrag unit.

The stock turbo boosts at 12psi standard and overboosts to about about 15psi. A decent tune will yield around 17psi stock which is the safest you can go. If you wanted, you can buy the Cooper S JCW turbo and match it to the exhaust manifold of the 207, and that should see 280bhp after remap and supporting mods, such as a decent intercooler, induction kit and plasma coils.

7. MichaelvanAswegen800

Car:
    Peugeot 207 gti
    Thanks for the advice bud, just what I was looking for.

8. Ap123

Ap123 Newbie

llysfaen
    Car:
    207 gti
    i know this post is old, but do you know what is required to fit the jcw turbo to a 207 gti, thanks