Beware the wet weather

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
We are finally getting some rain and wet weather down our way.

Due to the lack of rain over the summer our roads are more slippery than normal so take it easy chaps.

I think this has something to do with the fact the rain hasn't washed all the grime and slippery stuff of the roads yet.

Time to check your tire depth, tire pressure, antifreeze and oil levels to get ready for Winter.

ah is very slipply out there at the min i am clad tomorrow i can stop using my trans am in the rain as i have been using it everyday since i got it on the road and now its wet it does not grip anywere due to the power and so much of it quick and the very wide back tyres it just slids was going a long a flat the other day about 50 just touched the throttle did not even go above 2000 revs and the thing just went sideways

Been raining but there is still plenty of grip TBH. It's a bit slippery when leaves are on the floor like PG mentioned but other than that it's all good this way. For the time being.

Aye, pushed mine a little too hard the other day in the rain and got the ESP warning light up. On the other hand, it was better than getting shunted.

wet roads a are right nighmare in a tuned auto fwd, car seems to have a mind of its own as to which way it wants to go.:confused:
never used to have that trouble in my rwd's though:blink:

Have plenty of grip at the moment on the roads here, I think it also depends on how long the road surface has been down, basically drive sensible and adjust to the conditions your driving in..especially at roundabouts where the nice HGV's have dribbled some nice diesel...

Have you ever driven a car with no servo? Madness I tell thee. It's like pressing your foot against a brick wall but you still slow down.

ill be honest here i could never understand why on topgear/5th gear the first thing they would do is turn the t/c off but having had a couple of cars with it i completely understand now!
imo it basically detunes the car so you cant push it to its limits (which is honestly great for drivers who dont know their own vehicle but people who do its more of a hindrance than an aid!!)

Scotland has it's own weather system though! Us down South seem to live in the Tropics! Time for porridge then PG!

Well it doesen't seem like we'll get the snow again any time soon acording to the weather which is a shame. I was getting excited and getting my SAR gear ready for snow and buying new equipment to add to my personal gear... Plus a car on winter tires and dry streets don't really go that well together:sad2: