Belated Hello!!

MTJ

Wrench Pro
Car
'95 Prelude 2.0i
Hi to one and all, albeit a little belated. I went onto the Honda forum and said my hello's there:embarrest: DOH!!

Well, my name is Tony, i'm 33 and line in Northern Ireland. My main interest are cars, cars and erm, cars:toung:

I especially like classic cars although I have just bought and am enjoying a 1995 Honda Prelude 2.0, yep, the poor man's spec one!:lol:

Other cars i own are:
1978 Reliant Scimitar SE6A GTE
1969 Land Rover Airportable
1982 Jaguar XJS V12 HE

Thanks to all those who've already given me a warm welcome in the Prelude forum and I hope to get a few pics up of my other cars in the appropiate sub forums to.

Hi Tony and heres the official warm welcome to TorqueCars. Great to have you along, keep posting and enjoy yourself on here.

Cheers for the welcome again.
I'm liking the place already, very friendly bunch.
Loz: It's a small world, went to Uni in your neck of the woods. The Varsity was generally a good starting point to a night out and I did like both the Feline and Firkin and the Fermenter and Firkin. I can just about remember bits of those nights.

Another Tony!! :amazed::amazed:
And both Jag lovers too!! You're obviously as insane as I am!! Which is a frightening prospect quite frankly!!:lol::lol::lol:

Yes that was one of Wolvo's better era's sadly the Firkin has gone now. My brother (hairy yeti, answered to Jez & his equally hairy mate Irish Kev) worked in the Varsity & the Royal London around that time so there's a good chance you might have been served by him...them! :lol:

The last name, Irish Kev seems to ring a bell! It REALLY is a small world isn't it??
If he was then i'd have been on double Black Bushes. That's mainly what i drank back then. We used the Varsity as a meeting place mainly. Long time ago though, over 12 years ago.
I was actually in the Dudley campus which I hear is shut some while ago. Used to go running alot around Sedgley, there was a gym up there, can't remember the name or what shop etc it was on top of. Worst place I ever went to was a place that, god I can't remember the exact name ........ i've remembered it!! It was Goldsmith's, had a massive bouncer called George, he used to call everyone George.
I had a good time there, on the rare occassions I had cash in my pocket.

Sorry, i'm reminiscing now!!:embarrest::embarrest::embarrest:

Welcome. Hondas have alot of support here in the states. No limit to the mods and kits available. Bulletproof engines!!!

Probably cheaper\:lol:easier to work on than the Jag too!

The last name, Irish Kev seems to ring a bell! It REALLY is a small world isn't it??
If he was then i'd have been on double Black Bushes. That's mainly what i drank back then. We used the Varsity as a meeting place mainly. Long time ago though, over 12 years ago.
I was actually in the Dudley campus which I hear is shut some while ago. Used to go running alot around Sedgley, there was a gym up there, can't remember the name or what shop etc it was on top of. Worst place I ever went to was a place that, god I can't remember the exact name ........ i've remembered it!! It was Goldsmith's, had a massive bouncer called George, he used to call everyone George.
I had a good time there, on the rare occassions I had cash in my pocket.

Sorry, i'm reminiscing now!!:embarrest::embarrest::embarrest:

wasnt goldsmiths a gay bar???:amuse:

Not then thank god!! ;):D:D But it was definately the sort of place you wiped your feet on the way out though!!:blink1:

my mistake it was the dorchester i was thinking off in wolvo
my mrs just reminded me goldsmiths was in dudley and i completely agree!!!
question your 33 so similar age to me when you where going to goldsmiths do you remember the night that peter andrex was there????

The Dorchester had the DEEP which was the rooms down stairs, was best avoided on a friday night. :blink:

Yep, friday night was the no go time at the Dorchester. Tbh I didn't know there was a downstairs part of the club. I used to get dragged to that place on a Thursday night by a couple of Spanish friends of mine. It was murder trying to get a Taxi from there at chucking out time!! I started walking once and got back to Dudley before the rest did.

As for the Peter Andre gig, tbh I think I was out on exercise/training that weekend. I do remember people talking about "it" coming. I would have gone if I was allowed live ammo!!:cheesy::D:D

The Dorchester had the DEEP which was the rooms down stairs, was best avoided on a friday night. :blink:
i never actually went when it was the dorchester i used to go there when it was the beach and the words pint and a fight first spring to mind, then dirty slappers and if you where drunk out of your tree instincts would kick in and you would double bag it ;) and then lastly drugs i was there 1 night when it was raided by the police and we where trampled all over like we where the scum they where after (literally!!) then as they emptied the place the 4 of us where waiting for our coats so i said you 3 go outside and i will get them so i got the coats went outside and there was a police barricade separating me the mrs and our 2 friends and they wouldnt let me past or pass them there coats so being young stupid and drunk i kicked off and ended up getting arrested (lets just say what happened in the back of the police van is another story) but as i pulled up at wolvo police station i was asked whether i had my mates mrs coat and the answer was yes cause you tossers wouldnt let me give them there coats and then they rush me back to the club it turns out that my mates mrs had an asthma attack and her inhalator was with me in her coat and lets just say i was reunited with my mrs and mates and no charges where ever bought against me and we never chased up the complaints procedure cause of what i did :embarrest:

As for the Peter Andre gig, tbh I think I was out on exercise/training that weekend. I do remember people talking about "it" coming. I would have gone if I was allowed live ammo!!:cheesy::D:D

the peter andrex night ended up with women rioting cause they thought it was him doing a show and they come from all over the midlands and it turned out to be a dj called peter with a stuffed labrador puppy called andrex i wasnt actually there but my mates told me the men including the bouncers all cowered away and let the women ruin the place (ok then make it slightly worse than it was before) but even the riot police where scared

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back