Been offered £12 off a new Vauxhall

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
It's not every day you open the post and get money off a brand new Vauxhall.

I had a GM card which let you earn points depending on how much you spend. 1 point = £1 off a new Vauxhall.

Anyhow, I cancelled the card about a year ago. They are ending the scheme and have sent me a plastic card with my points balance so I can redeem it at a Vauxhall dealership against a new car.

So I have a grand total of 12 points or £12! Was it even worth them printing the card and sending me a letter? I hardly think this is going to push me over the edge so I rush out and buy a new Vauxhall.

Bargain. I knew there was a reason why people buy the things. Maybe that's how my Dad wound up with a 1.6 litre pushrod piece of junk (see Technical - Oil)

Would really like to know what genius at GM came up with such a plan, who in their right mind would really, on the basis of having 12 quid off go and buy a Vauxhall (well who in their right mind in any case). you have to wonder where these creative 'marketing geniuses' get their inspiration from....

It was a credit card and whilst we were using it we had a good few hundred quid off a new Vauxhall.

What got me was the points had slowly come off to the point of being just 12 and they still chose to send me a card with the points on it.

Have a positive attitude here, brethren.

Check out the latest prices of these wonderful machines of transportation.

Mebbe they are for free.

So get yourself one.

See what discounts you get for insurance and mebbe a full tank thrown in, and then use the 12 quid to get some good wax for your main squeeze.

I mean never knock a gift horse in the mouth! (mixing me metaphors again, sorry)

And its always the intention that counts, not the gift, n in this case all the way to 12.

:D :D :D :D

Seriously though, have you seen Vauxhall's parts prices? They're outrageously high. You'd be lucky to even get a touch up paint kit from Vauxhall for that much.