Back After 2 Years! ...With A Micra...

aswearing

Torque Master
Car
Micra 160sr
It has been a very long time since i posted on this site, and although i've been very busy, i have missed it.

I used to drive a Corsa B SXI but, unfortunately i had to sorn it and scrap it...to make way for my new car: Micra 160sr

So, if anyone here owns a 160sr and has any tips or general info it will be muchly appreciated!

Regards,
Adam

Hi Adam, we've missed you and welcome back. It's good to hear from you again. You've probably noticed the forum is bigger and better than ever!:D

How long have you had the Micra now? What are your plans for it? Which engine does it have?

Thankyou both!

I have noticed, so much more than i remembered haha although i cannot seem to find a 160sr section in the nissan forum... :lol:

I take delivery next week, and its the 1.6 engine 160sr special edition. one of only 250 made, with one previous and very careful owner and ~30,000 miles. not bad for an 05 plate.

Because its the top end micra (i kno, it's still a micra) as standard there is a full bodykit giving the car a lower profile, the chassis is tweaked by the 350z engineers, 17in multispoke alloys w/ low profile toyos (designed for the car), rear spoiler which doesn't really do much, titanium exhaust system and tinted glass on the headlights. So modifications wise, i'm going to try and keep it pretty basic - so that when you pull along side it at traffic lights all you see is a micra...that happens to shift very quickly.

Inside; there are sport seats, aluminium pedals/gearstick and handbrake, and the optional extras are pretty impressive - auto wipers and headlights (which i'll post something on later) 5 cd autochanger, air con and various other gadgetries that im not yet familiar with.

The fist move will be abit of I.C.E, i kept the panasonic speakers from my old corsa - because they are worth more than the car itself, so i'll be fabricating them into the parcel shelf. In a subtle, non boy-racer type way of course (I'll post seperately fro this also).

So, i'm looking forward to purchasing a new Haynes and getting my hands dirty again - then posting the mistakes up on here haha. thanks and talk soon!

If you can get 4 of those 250 owners to join here then you can have your own forum! Now there is a challenge.

It will be quite quick with that engine, the 1.3 I drove felt quite nippy. I guess the low weight helps.

Take off the SR badge and you'll have a really nice sleeper!

Good find, rare as hens teeth!

Just looked these up and they're not very quick at all in a straight line:sad2: Thought the 160 might refer to the bhp but its a reference to the 1600 engine. Gutted. Definately no street sleeper. Still something I'd love to have a drive of though.

no unfortunately not, i wish it did refer to that! going from a 12 year old corsa and only being 20 its decent enough for now - but i am going to play around and alter throttle response and mid-range power. if possible.

The handling is very good, and compared to the new zetec-s it fairs alot better and the market rival is the mini cooper, either way i feel better knowing its all in a micra haha.

The top speed isnt impressive at all (obviously not that it should matter, but for the sake of figures...) as it is only ~110mph. Which is 7mph less than the corsa (legally tested of course). what is impressive, well impressive to me, is the time it takes to get from 50-90mph its very nippy.

I will try my hardest to find more 160sr owners, and i still have a spare torquecars.com sticker haha :bigsmile:

Hello and welcome back. I remember you. I bet you cant wait to get your new car.

You too young sir, if anything i'm itching for it.

I had a bad accident in march with the old car, and havent been driving since june. Honestly, its driving me mad. no pun intended.

Welcome back!
There's an SR160 in Wolvo I had a little play with him when coming home from work one morning (while staying within the law ossifer ;)) Have you seen the goodies Rallynuts.com offer for the all the Micras? :D

Hi Loz, what was your verdict?

I'll be checking it out, thanks, there's not alot of styling or aftermarket performance parts available for such a niche market. the K12 micra doesn't have much anyway.

This will be my car now for a good 7 years or so, and over time i will be slowly converting it into the micra 350sr :lol:

url

You had a little play Loz... Does that mean it beat you? :lol:

Ha!ha! no, had a little traffic light grand prix but when I slowed down for an island he shot across with out looking. :blink:

Is that the rear engined beastie? I remember it being in Evo :D Always thought micras would make great Q cars! :twisted:

The exhaust note can cause bowel cancer. Scientific fact.

I'm sure the video will be on youtube somewhere. i beleive the estimated build cost was circa 1million, so i need to get some work in to achieve that conversion.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back