Awkward moment No1

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How would you tell your other half that you have jsut pranged thier car? Would you hide it and hope you can get it fixed? What would you do to soften them up for the Bad News!

hehe, did this just happen to you by any chance? :lol:
My missus is just learning to drive so she doesn't have a car yet, but i'd prob just tell her if she did and get it sorted

poboyle said:
hehe, did this just happen to you by any chance? :lol:
My missus is just learning to drive so she doesn't have a car yet, but i'd prob just tell her if she did and get it sorted
It happened to me a long time ago. It was wet and rainy and I was reversing and hit the rear quarter panel on an unseen wooden post - I felt really bad and even after I plucked up the courage and confessed I think I was more miffed about it than she was! Garage sorted it out for me for just a few quid!

I'm going to make "Awkward situations" a regular feature and hopefully it will give us the chance for moral debates and taking the mickey out of each other! If you can think of any please post them up and we can all deliberate over them.

Like how do you tell the missus that you've just written off the car you've not finished paying for yet?

1st of February 2004... I still have nightmares

Twisty B-roads, on the way home on a rainy Saturday morning from dropping the missus off at work. Sharp left hand bend, and hidden on the other side was not one but two large floods. Hit the first one, lost complete control of the car. I mean, you might as well have severed all the cables, the brakes, the handbrake, steering into the skid, nothing worked. The wheels had no grip hence I had no control.

So the car slid from the first flood straight into the second, which pulled it sharply to the left. The front passenger side wing smacked a dry stone wall, slewing the car around where it slid sideways taking out a telegraph pole and sending a herd of cows running, mooing, for their lives as glass and plastic flew from the front of the car.

The entire front end was mashed, there was no left front wheel left, but i walked away with no injuries, whiplash, anything. It was a 1997 VW Polo. Man, are they well built.

Now there's a sign you've grown up if ever I saw one. When you crash like that, it's wierd, it's like being in bullet time - a 3 second crash seems to take about 3 minutes.

I know if I bumped my other halfs car she wouldn't be bothered so long as got it fixed.

I think she'd more worried about me. :oops:

My self on the other hand, I would go mental unless it wasn't her fault. In that case I would go mental at the person who hurt my baby....and scared my girl :p

On the VW polo front they seem like really tough cars, my cousin smashed into the back of one. He was accelerating at the time probably doing 30-40. His clio was written off while the polo only had a sratch on the bumper and pushed up on the kerb, I was very impressed...and glad I was in the car behind my cousin.

blacklineninja said:
No, it doesn't. It was a 35mph incident that felt like 95mph
I guess it's different if you keep your eyes open then :lol:

Am I alone - has anyone else eperienced 'bullet time' or had that life flashed before your eyes experience?

my girlfriend was driving me home down a B road when the plastic battery cover came off her p reg ford Ka and slid onto the cables:

clutch and brakes did not work, and we kept accelerating. i told her to brake (trying to control the situation), then she pulled the handbrake

not a good idea at 80mph. i screemed like a school girl as the tires screeched, then we hit the grassy side which spun us 180 degrees before ultimately landing us upside down in a ditch.

i've got a few pics aswel so if you are interested i can upload them... if you tell me how :p

Yes please show us the pics.

To upload them you can try our gallery http://www.torquecars.com/chat/gallery/index.php?cat=1 set up a new folder and upload the pics (make sure they are not massive as you will be there all year! - You can email them to yourself and outlook iwll ask if you want to make them smaller - click yes and they will be nicely compressed.) Or people use photobucket which might work better.

Let me know if you get any errors on our gallery as I'm still patching it up a bit.

it was exhilarating! went on forever n i was abit shook up when climbing out - literally.

its odd as you would think it may put you off driving, all it did was make me look twice at what to do with myself in life, if we went onto the other side into oncoming traffic i wouldnt be writing this!

i'll post up the damage to my corsa as well soo.