Autosport Racing Car Show at NEC

old-git

Car
Elan & Robin Hood
Anyone going this year?

I will be there on Saturday 16th Jan with 3 old friends and two of their kids (early 20s)
If you are going and see 4 old gits: one with grey hair, one bald (me) one fat and one black, come and say hello :)

I thought the piston heads was later in the year. But yeh i'm going to the Nec for the Autosport show but not sure which day to do.

Is this the same as the Pistonheads show then?

Pistonheads have their own hall at the Autosport Show. Last year it was jsut a collection of cars. Didn't stay long as once you have seen 6 tuned Jap cars you have seen them all :)

I will try to get there this year. I see that Guy at Opei oils has a stand. I'll try to be over with Opei around 2:00pm so if anyone else is going lets all meet up there!

:D (I'm hoping I can buy tickets on the door and that it will not be snowing!)

Just got back from the show I went on Saturday.

Not bad at all really. I'll get some pics up later. Saw Murray Walker and Jenson Button live which was nice. Both seem like really nice chaps, it's good to see some famous people who haven't let the fame go to their heads.

The LFA was also on display and this looks absolutely awesome, probably my favourite car of the show. There were also some interesting new cars on display. The Radical all electric was intriguing. The stats of this are also quite credible. Perhaps we will be driving electric cars in years to come.

I really do like the Nissan 370z cabriolet, the interior does look a bit plastiky though but I guess that is true of most new cars today.

What were you highlights from the show?