Autogas/LPG

HDi fun

TC ModFather
Car
Passat 2.0 TDi
I'm considering coverting my 5 series to dual-fuel operation. The total cost of the conversion is £1600 + VAT, so just short of £1900 before January's VAT hike.

This price includes a 77 litre toroidal tank which goes in place of the spare wheel.

Does anyone have experience of BRC's fully sequential LPG conversion systems?

Sorry mate, BRC's ???? Don't know the in depth chatter about these. I know a few people who are running on LPG.

My Mum had her T5 running on LPG. She said she noticed no difference on performance, but the LPG would turn its self off when the car was cold and you were pulling out of a turning.

My mate here has his Vectra converted. He loves it. Although he says he does have to have the system cleaned every 2 years or so.

Id maby speek to BMW and see if they have come across many E39's converted onto LPG.

Seems quite cheep to convert. What warrante do you get with that?

What are your motivations for the switch? Do you do many miles? Also can you get LPG nearby - locally we have to go about 20 miles to the nearest LPG Supplier.

I don't think you do enough miles to justify it do you chief? You'd have to have that a couple of years before you see any savings i reckon.

I don't think you do enough miles to justify it do you chief? You'd have to have that a couple of years before you see any savings i reckon.

looking at another thread hdi did near 90,000 miles in his 406. i suspect there would have been a hell of alot more if it hadnt been written off;)

Yeah but didn't he have it for about 861 years? :p

HDi had it for just under 4 years. HDi keeps its cars a long time. The Pug was rudely taken from HDi's ownership.

HDi's appointed solicitor is working hard to recover everything. Its car is paid for but Hdi has suffered psychologically and will be compensated at the bitter end of this.

Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back