Auto pull through car wash issue

Car
BMW
Hello all.
I am still having an issue with my 2020 Touring CR-V Hybrid when using an automated car wash where the car is automatically pushed through the wash system. I am aware of the procedure in the manual when you are not allowed to stay in the car when taken through the wash. I am allowed to stay in the car but can’t quickly get going at the end to exit the wash.

The first time through, I placed the car in neutral to go through fine until given the green light to drive off the belt system to leave the wash. Pushing the drive button would not let me drive forward. So, I tried hitting park, then drive, then neutral, then … etc. with various messages popping up on the screen which I didn’t read as I was watching the car behind getting closer and closer. Eventually, the car accepted the drive command for me to pull forward and out of the wash system.

The second time through, I thought that if I would hit park first out of neutral then to drive my problems would be solved. That didn’t work although my trying different combinations I finally was able to move the car forward.

Two day ago, I went through this same car wash again thinking that I would quickly find the right combination of buttons to hit. Well, the car following me laid on the horn and almost hit me as I could not get my car to accept the drive command to be able to move forward. I finally had to turn the car off then on to retry to get the car to move forward. It finally did after again may more tries. It seem that if something is trying to move car tires when hitting the drive button the computer doesn’t accept the command to move forward.

My local Honda dealer says I should bring the car into them for a checkout. However, if they don’t take it to the automatic car wash I am sure that they will say everything checks out OK. Has anyone else had this issue when using this type of car wash?