audi a4 increasing engine power

G

geordiesteve

Hi all ,I have worked in the motor trade for 30 years for a citroen dealership.Im about to start doing up my wifes audi a4 1800 20v and fancy becoming a boy racer and upping the power of the engine.fitting turbo to this and reboring block to 1900cc,ecu remap and larger injectors.would like any advice from anybody who has attempted the same without breaking the bank.feel free to ask any technical questions about citroen and i,ll try my best to answer them. cheers.:bigsmile:

I think it would be easier to put a 1.8T engine in rather than tinker with the standard engine. The results from that alone will be terrific and then you can tune from there rather than throwing thousands at your engine for just a few hp.

never heard of turbong the 1.8. most folk just bin them and fit the 1.8t engines. look for a later 190 engine cant tell you the engine code off the top of my head. would have suggested fitting the AMK or BAM engines from the s3 or tt but those engines are mounted transverse so you would run into fitting issues.

by fitting the 190 engine and a decent remap, intake pipe and filter, diverter valve, better intercooler and sports cat - the rest of the exhaust flows well enough. then you should be looking aroud 240. after this it becomes more expensive new turbo, exhaust manifold, injectors rebore etc

An engine swap sounds the best option to me as well. Mounts and gearbox should be ok depending on engine chosen (Make sure it is transverse and not inline though)

Adding a turbo requires a whole lot of work whereas dropping in a turbo lump pretty much everything is already done and ready for you. You'd need a donor ECU and wiring loom but that is pretty much it.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back