astra g 2.2sri tuning

bradsri

Car
astra2.2sri irmcher
hi guys I got a 2002 astra 2.2L Sri irmcher and am very eager to produce more power! it's already got a mid and rear stainless exhaust and I'm doin the airbox mods soon. i need to find the best manifold and sports cat suited for my car along with any other useful advice please :)

Dunno much about the 2.2 engine, but I believe it is a stroked version of the 2.0, also with drive by wire throttle, so a lot of the bolt-on stuff from the 2.0 should fit.

Don't quote me on that mind. :blink: I could be thinking of the 2.5 and 2.6 engines.

cheers guys! are you on about taking things from the gsi model? I'm running at 160bhp but need 200!!

You'll never see that kind of increase without spending thousands on either forced induction or throttle bodies.

The GSI's are 2.5 or 2.6, so no, there's not really any direct engine mods you can take. What I meant was that the 2.6 is a stroked version of the 2.5 and I think the 2.2 is a stroked version of the 2.0.

Maybe actually see if you can source a turboed engine out of a crashed VX220?

2.2 is a different engine from looking it up, cheif among which is that the 2.2 Z22SE is and alloy block engine and is tunable.....

is it based more on Saab engines rather than Vauxhall/GM effort....

Saab 2.3 turbo head will fit, it's much stronger than the standard one, supercharger kits are availiable from GM and also Harrop do an uprated supercharger.