Are you a Urinal rule parker?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
The urinal rule.

Imagine there are 5 urinals then they will be used in the following order. 5 furthest away from the door, then 1 furthest away from 5 then 3 leaving a gap either side then positions 2 and 4 will reluctantly be used up.

:)D) :)sad2:) :)confused:) :)embarrest:) :)D)
1 -- 2 -- 3 -- 4 -- 5​

(I guess similar laws apply to the Ladies loo cubicles as well!:blink:)

Why though if someone is confronted with a nearly empty car park will they always choose to park next to a car when there are plenty of other spaces around?

Are you a follower of the Urinal parking rule? Or do you always park in a friendly manner next to another car? :embarrest:

I park away from other cars.

Saves idiots dinging it. Nice rule that though

Another thing that drives me potty!!! I strategically think (or try to) where will someone not park next to me - and low and behold there will be someone next to me when you come out, even though as you say a virtually empty car park!

i look to see what the cars are like around. if there well looked after and parked stright then i have no problem parking next to them. other than that i will revese into a space thats clear on both sides

I look for the furthest space away preferably in a coner where if someone does park its only one side lol

I have a baby so I park in the extra wide child/toddler spaces. :p

Maybe I should get me one of those so I can park in those kinda spaces! :lol: I try and park where only 1 car can park next to me or next to well looked after cars. At work I park next to my mates cars so that if I see a mark on my car I know who has done it! I also park closer to the building because it's less likely that someone could hit it and still drive away without being seen.

The urinal rule should not be broken!!

Too many people in my opinion break this rule! Everytime I park in a secluded area someone comes along and parks right beside me! :rolleyes:

Apparently this also applies on caravan and camping sites when you choose a pitch! :lol:

I definitely follow the urinal parking rules. I've been driving for 5 months and I've already got one dent and one scratch on the left hand side of my car from morons (who had unfortunately left by the time I got back) parking next to me and swinging their doors open without due care :(

I can almost understand the people who park diagonally across a few spaces... Discourages people from parking too closely at least :p

The case of someone not sticking to urinal rules that I remember the most is when I was on a beach as a kid. There were about 3 or 4 families on one beach, all nicely spread out. Then another arived and set up directly on the other side of our windbreak. Cheeky so-un-so's!

Another thing that drives me potty!!! I strategically think (or try to) where will someone not park next to me - and low and behold there will be someone next to me when you come out, even though as you say a virtually empty car park!

haha, the same thing happens to me! whats that all about:blink:

some idiot opened their door onto mine and left a foot long vertical dent running up my door along with half his paint:mad:

Just dug up this old thread. It's still as valid today as it was nearly 10 years ago. Has anyone got any fresh take on this one or comments to add?