Are vibratechnics ok for everyday use?

The JAF

Tuner
Car
Focus ST 2.5T
As title suggests, ive sent some mounts off for vibratechnics to make me some uprated items but i read somewhere that they are only suitable for track use etc.

Anyone have them on theyre everyday runaround?

As title suggests, ive sent some mounts off for vibratechnics to make me some uprated items but i read somewhere that they are only suitable for track use etc.

Anyone have them on theyre everyday runaround?

Generally, uprated engine mounts are usually only required for cars with highly modified engines when standard mountings are at risk of either being ripped apart or allowing too much movement when accelerating hard. They will work on a standard car but you may well experience more vibration due to the reduction in the flexibility of the mount.

Update:

Vibra Technics make two types of mounts; a Fast Road series and a Competition series.

as old git said, their only helpfull on big horse-powered cars, and cars like that have 2 timing belts, 1 obviously for cam timing, the other is a balancer belt, which stops the kick of an engine when the throttle is fully floored, get a mates 1.0 litre car, pop the hood and tell him push the throttle down, you'll see the engine moving towards the back,
with a balance belt, this dosent happen

so i think their a waste of time and money

IVe spoken to them again they recjon the engine and gearbox mounts are vertically very stiff, the torque restrictor arm def needs doing, im going up there in a couple of weeks for them to have a look at the engine rock and have a probe.

IVe spoken to them again they recjon the engine and gearbox mounts are vertically very stiff, the torque restrictor arm def needs doing, im going up there in a couple of weeks for them to have a look at the engine rock and have a probe.
i could be wrong but in an st, i dont think youd need them

The engine rocks like its Elvis Presley, to put it in ttechnical terms as of what John said, the rear arm is absolute #!#!#!#!e.

how much rock should they have then, beatles/blur sort of level or even less than that like coldplay?

Well, as a BASS line, I should start with Jim Reeves (virtually no rock) and see how it swings. If this is too STIFF for you you could try a little Rockmananoff. However, you might find that that the engine now Liszt too much under full power. If this is the case then I suggest you replace them with something a little more middle of the road. Alternatively, you could try modifying the mounts yourself, say in your HOUSE or GARAGE. In order to add a little panache, you could use a contrasting colour so they are TWOTONE, but this may prove to be Madness and look Tosh :)

I think I had better stop now.

Well, as a BASS line, I should start with Jim Reeves (virtually no rock) and see how it swings. If this is too STIFF for you you could try a little Rockmananoff. However, you might find that that the engine now Liszt too much under full power. If this is the case then I suggest you replace them with something a little more middle of the road. Alternatively, you could try modifying the mounts yourself, say in your HOUSE or GARAGE. In order to add a little panache, you could use a contrasting colour so they are TWOTONE, but this may prove to be Madness and look Tosh :)

Can someone point me back in the direction of torque cars...Think i've took a wrong turnin and found a rock concert!!!!! :blink::blink:

I bow to thee sir, i cant match that.