any type r tuning tips for a newbie

enduroace

Car
civic type r
hi have just signed on as a user ive just bought a type r 02 and am after some tuning info can any one help

afternoon gents and thanx for replies; to be honest having looked there doesnt seem to be much i can do without the aforementioned deep pockets! ..i didnt realise they couldnt be chipped ..i was told a spoon ecu? but i know nothing about them.. i suspect itll have to be an induction kit, k+n appollo maybe and a de cat for now, i know with my bikes letting them breath easier makes a difference but not really a lot any ideas

Hello &
029.gif
to Torquecars.

mmm didn realise that ether thought they could be mapped.

spoon ECU will probably be expensive as its a whole standalone system and cant really see a point in it unless you were doing major work to it - ie super/turbo charging.

you might not find that the apollo give much gain as honda spend alot getting this right. try looking at the gruppeM kits slightly more expensive but do have real proven gains
pic below
gruppem.jpg

(please dont quote this message as itll stick in the mod queue due to you having less than 10 posts and it containing a pic)

It is possible to lower the VTEC kick in threshold :) It sounds like you are on the right track when it comes to mods. Don't forget the brakes though, a decent set of pads can make quite a difference as can the right choice of tyre.

just an OffTopic::amuse:
pgarner,
the engine/intake layout is different in the pic.
what engine series is that?from honda? the air intake tube & filter
is directed towards the firewall.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back