any tips to increase speed

Jim323

Car
mazda 323F ZXI
Hi folks,
im just new here and was wondering if any one had any tips on how to increase my straight line + cornering speeds.
im running a mazda 323F ZXI 2ltr V6 24V.
ive added a k&n air filter,
a non powered supercharger,
a kane exhaust system,
a front strut bar to stiffen up the front,
205/50R 16Z tires.

i was thinking of adding a forced induction system to replace the air filter and maybey a powered supercharger but im not sure if the speed increase will be worth the outlay.i was also thinking of adding a camber kit to increase the cornering speeds but im not to sure of it will help or just burn out my tires lol.if anyone has made any of these mods to there cars or has any advise on what to do next please feel free to reply to my add

many thanks
Jim323

What's a non-powered supercharger? How is the air filter set up and how large is the exhaust?

I have I funny feeling I'm going to have to tell you to bin everything bar the strut brace and start again.

Hi & welcome to TC! :bigsmile:
could you tell us more about the supercharger please?
I think the best tip for increasing cornering speed is to go to a racing school. ;)

First thing to do would be to remove the"non powered supercharger"-there is no such thing,and what is worse, this contraption actually eats up some of your available power!

What year is it? I still have my 323 2L sport 2003. Id be careful of putting any of these cheep items you find on eBay like superchargers for £25 and fuel valves that will give you an extra 8000000 Bhp. They are all rubbish. If I was you i'd fit a K+N cone after removing the air box, improve the exhaust, get it mapped and maybe (if you have the money) buy a proper supercharger. The 323's were not made to make a lot of Hp, but they are quick from 30mph to 80mph, so long as you keep the revs above 4.

Hi guys,

thanks for getting back to me,
the supercharger is the type that fitts into your air intake pipe-its basiclly a centrafugal fan that is supposed to force the cold air into the engine but i wouldnt believe the hype cos i never noticed an increase of speed after it was fitted.no worries my local garage should be able to point me in the right direction as you guys are experts its good to get a sensible answer before i go speak to a mechanic.

thanks for the help
James

Bin the "supercharger" there is not possible for it to move enough air it to induce pressure. there is also the chance of it falling to bits and getting into the engine.

for better cornering speeds look towards good tyres - youve said the size but not the make
also look at a rear anti roll bar if one isnt fitted to stiffen up the rear

thanks for the advise-i had planed to remove the supercharger to go with a full induction kit,i dont think there is an anti roll bar on the back so i will look into that.

thanks again
Jim323

Go for super stickys!!! Toyo proxes T1R's!!!!!

Oh dear. T1R's are known to be worse than the T1S's they replaced. Horribly flexible sidewall. No-where near super-sticky. You're a member of the MLR surely? See what they think.

You want some proper sticky man tyres go for some R888's or Yoko AO46's or even Hankook RS2's if you're on more of a budget.

I had Yoko's before (tyres on my car when I got her) and went for the Proxes. Its prob because the Yoko's were old and close to needing changing why I think the Toyo's handle better???

I have T1R's on mine it's one of the few tyres I can get in my sizes, I've found that...

When it's dry their great.
When it's wet their OK.
When it's damp their awful, no grip what's so ever.
The tyres lose grip when about 2mm off the wear bars, I think it's the silica content that changes half way through the tyre making them just about useless. (can someone confirm this for me please)
My car eats T1's I'm on my second (front) set in 12 months.

I've got some R888's in the garage & their going on the car for the summer. :bigsmile:

The main problem is the jelly sidewall. They probably cope alright on a lighter car like yours. When the T1S' on my old mans Supra finally died he changed to T1R's and he hates them as do I.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back