Any suggestions for a fast new car for about $20000 ?

Soliman

Car
None
hi
i want to buy a good fast car but it should be new and for about $20000
i was thinking about the nissan altima , or the seat ibiza 1.4L tc or the Peugeot 207 1.6L RC
please if u have any other suggestions tell me what you think

thanks everyone
i want to ask you dont you have any suggestions for me ?

Well this is an International website and car models that are available in some countries will not be available in yours. Due to time zones etc replies may be slow in coming to you - I am sure that if you apply some logic you can work this out for yourself and will agree that patience is a virtue!!!! ;)

Good luck to you :)

the other issue is country dependant import taxes etc may mean a car thats relitivly cheap over the likes of here may well cost a fortune where you are

okay then thank u for that info
im still confused is it better a small turbocharged engine or a big N/A ?

okay then thank u for that info
im still confused is it better a small turbocharged engine or a big N/A ?

Again this depends on what your motoring rules are like in your country!
Some people are penalised through heavy taxes for having large engined cars i.e. 2 litre and upwards.

A turbocharged small engined car will give you some power and performance while still being a little gentle on fuel economy - depending on how you drive it off course and if the engine size is anything under 2 litres.

A fast car for around $20,000.. Subaru Impreza? Some form of Jap powered car? Hows about the new Ford focus ST? Like very one has said, some cars we suggest may not be in your country. Shop around mate!

Spend the extra 3000 and just get a Mazdaspeed3, or get a 2007 Mazdaspeed6 used for about $14-18K. I had one and it is still one of my favorite cars ever. I don't know if you have them where you are, but if you do, best fast car for the money, hands down.

Spend the extra 3000 and just get a Mazdaspeed3, or get a 2007 Mazdaspeed6 used for about $14-18K. I had one and it is still one of my favorite cars ever. I don't know if you have them where you are, but if you do, best fast car for the money, hands down.

If you're going that far, why not just import a Chevrolet Cobalt SS Turbocharged? 2 door coupe, or 4 door sedan (2009 only for the sedan), 260 HP, 260 ft-lbs from a turbocharged direct injection 2.0L Ecotec, launch control, no lift shifting, on and off traction control, etc. Though it has a similar output to the Mazdaspeed3, it's lighter and runs rings around it through corners. It still holds the record for fastest FWD production car around the Nurburgring with a full interior (8 minutes, 22 seconds). The only downside is the plasticky interior.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnVK6WOTVmI

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back