Any Ideas?

keeno563

Car
Civic Type R 2004
Started modifying my 04 type R got a powertech filter and powerflow custom cat back. may upgrade filter to a viper. Any ideas on anythin else i can do. Dont really want anythin major like supercharger or anythin. Also has anyone put iridium plugs in theirs and did u notice much difference?

Iridium plugs will last longer but I doubt you'd see a performance gain. What tyres are you using? I've found that a good set of tyres make a big difference to the handling.

Have you looked at remap options for your car? It is possible to move the VTEC zone down the rev range so it kicks in a little more quickly.

Welcome to the site mate.

First of all, ditch the powerflow. The oem exahaust is actually better than a powerflow mate. A cold air intake with an uprated filter should help a little bit. Get yourself a 4-1 manifold as well mate. This will improve the power higher up the rev range (as this is where any Honda performs best). I would de-cat it as well, but you can get a sports cat instead. Both will do pretty much the same job, it's just that a sports cat helps lower emissions.

Don't overlook the power of shedding weight as well. Carbon bonnets and spoilers are both good for this (they look good as well imo). Spend some money on some decent coilovers as well. It's not just about going in a straight line. The last thing would be to get your alloys wrapped in some god rubber. There's no point having the power if you can't put it down.

Hope this helps.

The FIRST thing is get your alloys wrapped in some decent rubber imo. You can have the most expensive coilovers and stiffest chassis on the road but if you have £30 rock hard tyres you'll still slide into a ditch at the first fast corner.

Cheers guys this really helps. I like the sound of the mappin to get the vtec point down the rev range and it has given me some ideas just need to save a bit of cash and do it bit by bit i think. m runnin toyo's at the mo by the way but these are runnin a little low on rubber so gonna need somethin new soon, anythin u guys reckon i should go for in the tyre range?

imo the best advice i can give you about these cars is book a days advance driving course via honda or independent if they know these cars!
cause when my mate bought his type-r brand new he got a advance course free and the instructor showed him exactly what these amazing cars can do in standard form!!
and tbh i was amazed what my mate picked up in 1 day to be able to play with much more powerful cars and leave them for dead on straights but mainly on the bends (where the fun is!)

Goodyear Eagle F1's for tyres. About the same price range as Toyo Proxes but a million times better. I have them on one of my cars now and have driven the same car with F1's and a budget tyre (Nankings I think) and the difference was day and night.