Alrighty:)

ShowNoFear

Wrench Pro
Car
Vw Mark V Golf
Hi Guys :) ..
Been checking out the site for a while, thought its about time a should sign up.
Well, im 18 and from Glasgow in Scotland. Im a marine electrician and i drive a Vw Mark V 1.4 Golf. Slow as a week in jail but it my first car which am happy about:).
I have no mechanical knowledge, dont no how to install an induction kit lol. So hopefully checking this out, reading more i shall learn.
Plans..Leaving the golf untouched because im looking for more performance than looks, so doing up a 1.4 N/a seems daft. So im planning on getting a Nissan 200sx with the sr20det engine to go crazy with. As previously said, i have no mechanical knowledge, so where is the best place to start learning, any sites/ebooks etc explaining it all.

So thanks yalll.....:D

ShowNoFear.

hi and welcome to tc,

becareful when buying the 200, make sure it has been very well looked after and not thrashed about as when the sr20dets go wrong they go wrong big style.

which model 200 are you looking at getting?

there is endless amounts of knowledge on here, ask any question you like and you will get an answer filled with what to do, what not to do, what to try etc.

if you wanting specific info for the 200 then sxoc.com is a great place, as it it car specific and covers all models from the s13 to the s15

(sorry wayne not trying to plug another forum)

Thanks for the welcome guys :D
As for whch style etc, i dont really mind. s13, s14 likely as the s15 is still expensive and i read that an s15 conversion is a bit of a nightmare, especially the wiring loom.
I choose the sr20det engine because i read that its fairly simple, there will be obviously be other engine aswell, but i dont no many so....
Was about to by a nissan 200sx s13 with that engine, but the engine wasnt working 100%. It would start then a few mintues later cut out. He said its a 50pound repair..either the afm, coil packs or something. Didnt get it though, sold it before i could inspect it. 600nicker and the body work was supposedly mint.

Welcome aboard.
029.gif

Hello and welcome. Good to hear from you. You'll soon be doing engine swaps for breakfast.

Feel free to ask ANY (car related) questions.

Cheers waynne ..
A have a question .. Should i .. Do up my 1.4 a learn freom that engine? .. or .. buy a project car and do that up .. or .. do an engine conversion into my golf?
Dunno what to do lol

hey and welcome.
you could work on the 1.4 to an extent to get the basics such as servicing and slight mods ie exhausts intake wheels and brakes etc. not nessessary bigger but allow you to gain experience before moving onto a harder to work on engine

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back