Alright...

Ramsey

Car
Ibiza Sport Mk4 1.4
Alright...

Just registered here. I've been on here a few times looking for advice on my car. It seems a nice place and has some good info, so I thought it was about time I registered.

Well About me... I'm a lucky A Level Student in my final year, who came into some money. Basicly I'm a young kid with time on my hands, and money in my pocket. So I have decided to Turn my potential to my car.

Now the car. I am driving my first car. It's a 57 reg Seat Ibiza Mk4 Sport 1.4 16v Petrol in Candy Red. I love the bugger. I bought it brand new and well I fell in love with it. I Have some ideas for it, tuning wise. My main for it is to be on a par or better than (proformance wise) than my mates 58 Reg 1.9 Golf TDi. But i'm looking to do this gradually. Starting off small and working up.

Well thats about it. So I look forward to getting to know people here, so hopfuly I'll see you all around.

hey and welcome mate,

youve gave yourself a rather large chalange there. Not so much in the power states but in the toque the diesels allways going to be ahead of you with the 1.4.
best bet would be to drop in the AMK 1.8t out of the S3 210bhp to start, more power than the 1.9 but proberly still lagging on the torque with but a remap and few mods, which will be required to make everything fit in the ibiza, should see that around 270 and a shed load of torque.

another option is to go down the 2.0 unit that audi fitted foe only 2 years in the A4 its a 2.0 but with a 20v head, these supposdily are very rapid when tuned (should be as the 2.0 normal unit was asthmatic and i think it was only the head that was changed)

or a 3rd option you may not like as much, ditch it and buy and older leon with the 1.9 150 pd engine,( the mk5s game with the 130pd version) then get it mapped. the new golfs are heavy

Nah, I'm not ditching. I'm willing for the work to go into it. At the moment, i'm just thinking about getting it ready for major upgrades. Increasing airflow, tweaking the suspension and upgrading the exuahst system.

At the moment, between me and my friends it's a case of Acceleration vs Speed. I've got him off the line dead, but he canes em at top speeds, obviously.

what do you mean by acceleration tho?
0-60 or 30-70 in the 1st case yeah youll beat him due to not having to deal with turbo lag and short gearings but through the midrange he will beat you hands down in all areas.

realistically if your going to swap out the engine for a bigger one theres not much point in doing the exhaust or suspension.
newer engine will be heavier so wont suit the suspension for the 1.4
the exhaust will also be narrower bore than on a larger one. DONT try and sort this out now by fitting a larger bored exhaust this will mean you lose more power just now.
as for incresing the airflow the 1.4 if i remember has a funny setup already with the air filter being fitted under the engine cover. try changing it out for a high flowing panel filter to increase throttle response.

you're talking about skills, but no offense mate, i've always been into the idea that seat car sucks, and still do. however welcome to TC, nice stay and hope you'll get the advices what you're looking for.

Hello and a warm welcome to TorqueCars. It sounds like you've got an interesting project on your hands there;) Keep us posted with how it goes.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back