alloy wheels

astra17

Wrench Pro
Car
pug 306 xsi 2.0 8v
Hi there i am thinking about buying some alloys from a friend but there are off a ford focus now my bore size is 65.1 and the fords bore size is 63.4 will these alloys fit on my car please i know this is a stupid question to ask but i have search the internet but cant seem to find the answer i am looking for

You will need 1.7mm spiggot rings for the centre bore to fit but that's the least of your worries. You need to find out if the stud pattern (PCD) is the same and if the offset will fit.

yes the number of studs is 4 and the pcd is 4x108 its just the offset and bore size which are different mate

sorry mate the the offset on the ford is 35 to 45 and my offset is 15 to 20

You will need 1.7mm spiggot rings for the centre bore to fit but that's the least of your worries. You need to find out if the stud pattern (PCD) is the same and if the offset will fit.
Unless I'm reading the original post wrong, the focus wheels won't fit over the hub. the hole in the center is to small on the focus wheels, but it looks like your going to need 20mm spacers, so you could get some peugeot hubcentric spacers, and have the spiggot machined down by 1.7mm. imo seems like a lot of hasstle.

Might I suggest as well that you don't go for bigger wheels than 15" on a 306,
306's are noted for there ride quality and handling, if you go for bigger than 15's then both will suffer

Some people have advised me not to go for 15 rims because of my engine size. Also, they told me that these rims will slow down my car and won't do good to my car's suspension. Your opinions will be appreciated.

unless you go for lightweight wheels, generally alot more expensive than normal ones, then the extra weight causes poorer performance and more wear on componants such as bearings.

as long as the rolling raduis is kept similar then the suspension wont be affected much

unless you go for lightweight wheels, generally alot more expensive than normal ones, then the extra weight causes poorer performance and more wear on componants such as bearings.

as long as the rolling raduis is kept similar then the suspension wont be affected much

Thanks. I will go and hunt for white 14" rims. That would be ideal. I certainly don't want my car's performance to drop.

No seriously, 306's are set up for 15" wheels, you can fit up to 17" wheels without messing up the speedo,

the reason why most 306 owners don't use 14's is because of the massive side walls on the tyres and you get unwanted flex on the tyres which can make the car feel more wooly,
15" wheels are by far the best size to go for on a 306, get some 205/50/15 fitted as well

the best compromise between ride and handling, the side walls are just to massive to be performance oriented
it's also what all after market suspension is setup to use with,

why do you think the gti6 and the rallye have 15" wheels?
and they are still noted for there excellent ride quality

Last edited: