air filters

taxman0115

Car
chrysler crossfire
hey gang, need your advice! i own a 2007 chrysler crossfire 3.2 and want to fit pipercross cone filters.do you clever people think this is a good move or would panel filters be a better way to go???????? please help!
cheers,taxman0115

Imho, I'd avoid a cone filter & try an uprated panel filter first. A cone filter won't have enough cold dense air getting to it & will be drawing in warm air from the engine bay. You could go for a full induction kit but I don't think you'll see any meaningful gains in a sports car that already has factory designed performance intake system. :D

Last edited:
Imho, I'd avoid a cone filter & try an uprated panel filter first. A cone filter won't have enough cold dense air getting to it & will be drawing in warm air from the engine bay. You could go for a full induction kit but I don't think you'll see any meaningful gains in a sports car that already has factory designed performance intake system. :D
hey loz,thanks for the reply im going with the panel filter(K&N).by the way what does Imho mean?:blink:

Sorry, Imho is, 'In my humble opinion' although there are other variations they normally mean the same thing. :bigsmile:

Last edited:
Agree with Turbonutter. I have an uprated panel filter in my 3.0. Very very slight difference in sound but only due to it letting more air in. Avoid cone filters unless you do the whole hog and go for a sealed unit with a cold air feed from the from bumper or hidden in the wing so it only pulls cold air in. Cones can serverely suffer from heat soke.

Panel filters and housings in modern vehicles are generally oversize anyway so the cars all breathe quite well.

Twenty or thirty years ago this was not the case and a simple induction kit did yield noticeable results.

I'm not a fan of the oiled filter elements either, simply buy an OEM panel replacement every 10,000 miles or so - they're dead cheap.

Cleaning and oiling filters is a very messy job.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back