Advice

SteSE

Wrench Pro
Car
E30 325i
Hello,

I'm a new user and am looking to rob you of some knowledge.

I'm looking to purchase either a 240 or 760 volvo saloon with the intention of obtaining approx 300bhp. Are there any 240 or 760 models that came with a stock engine but with some modifications that can give me my target figure? If so which ones should i be looking for

Failing that i shall get the best condition 240/760 i can and then transplant the desired engine but which engine should i use?

I have read a lot of conflicting infomation, initally i was planning on using a newer 2.3 16v engine but have since read that the b21 8v could meet my needs?

I'm just looking for advice really so i can get some ideas down on paper and begin to work this all out.

To throw a spanner in the works i also have a cosworth YB engine at home that would meet the 300bhp target but could prove difficult to instal and mate to a gearbox and further manage without expensive software.

All help appricated

Steve:D

Something else to consider the 780 engines look good to me namely the 2.3 L 180hp 8v I4 Turbo B230FT+ 2.0 L @200 hp B204GT.

You'd need a turbo at the least. What about getting 2 turbos from a breakers yard, fabricating an exhaust and having a cheap twin turbo conversion.