A special thanks to....

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I thought i'd start another special thanks thread so you can pass on your feelings to all those motorists out there who crossed your path!

1) A special thanks goes out to the parent with the kid who opened their door into my car and left a dent.

2) A very special thanks to the driver who pulled out on my yesterday causing me to slam on my anchors and slow from 60 to 20 and then he turned off the road again 60 yards later! I wouldn't mind normally but the road was completely empty apart from me and he made no effort to speed up.

Is there anyone out there who you owe a special thanks to?

Special thanks to the idiot in a jeep that pulled out in front of me without looking. then sat at 20mph in the middle of the road. on a B road

special thanks to the 2 women in morrisons car park today trying to fit 4 non folding garden chairs, an ironing board and a years supply of shopping into the boot of a p reg corsa (could only put 1 seat down due to child seat)

you made me laugh so much you made my day ........ thank you :)

Special thanks to the **** in celica who decided to turn off at a junction on the motorway from the middle lane, forcing me to swerve and come off at said junction. 20 miles from my house.

Cheers pal, made my day.

However, on a more positive note thank you so much to the lad attempting to wheelie your 50cc scooter in the wet. You may have nearly cost me £600 in x/s from crashing my car, however if I had it would be worth every penny. This was a month ago and im still laughing! (I stopped and made sure he was OK btw, was a low speed thing). You, my friend, made my month, especially as you were laughing just as hard as me.

On another note but with genuine thanks to..! The elderly chaps somewhere in Dorset who not only allowed me to fix a burst water pipe on the drive belonging to one of them but also went out of their way to get me the parts to do so a couple of Sundays back.
It was like meeting the cast of Last of the Summer wine, one of the gents was eighty and looked as fit as a fiddle.
It was a pleasure to meet them, shame i had to breakdown to do so but it was the interest raised by lifting the bonnet that gained the first chaps attention.
I had steam bellowing out under the drivers wing making the car like a breathing dragon, it was quite funny in a way. Even new hoses can split.
There is an underlying story to all this though and it did start with hitting 34.5 psi of boost :lol::lol:. Oops, time for another set of head bolts, some new gaskets and a ditching of the trial boost solenoid. :bigsmile:

:lol: I bet your heart sunk when you saw the steam! It does show that there are still some genuine helpful and friendly people out there;)

A special thanks to the Police car which shut off a main road forcing me to do a 10 mile detour!

A very special thanks to the guys doing burnouts in my local Morrision's car park and smashing into a bullard! Made my day as he thought his VW Polo was the dog's nuts!

Though I did feel for him as his rear bumper was ruined and he sat on the pavement crying for about 15 mins...

(Did I mention he looked about 50?)

:lol: I saw a guy revving his engine hard at the lights (an Impreza with loud exhaust) and it went pop! Black smoke and then a horrible metallic noise! Was so funny so thanks to that guy for proving that there is some justice in the world.!:lol:

Also thanks to the moron who boxed me in parking on a double yellow line behind me! Thankfully his handbrake was rubbish and I was able to push his car back with mine a few feet.