A new newbi

SteSE

Wrench Pro
Car
E30 325i
Hello Chaps and lasses

New to the forum as you have probably gathered and just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. My names Steve, i'm 22 and live near Gatwick in West Sussex.

Having has a few nice, but mainly FWD, cars in the past I've now turnt over a new leaf and will be sticking with RWD. I currently have an E30 325i of which I will upload pics soon (once I have 10 posts)
I've got cash and I'm on the look out for a Volvo 760 or 240 to modify (this is not a wanted add just letting you guys know what I'm up to) This I feel will be my most interesting project yet. I've got a budget of 2k and a target of 300+BHP. From the little research I've done I'm hoping to obtain this by either using the 2.3 turbo Volvo lump or a cosworth YB hopefully via the Volvo lump as it will be the cheapest. This will be long term as i've not even got a base car yet...:rolleyes:

Anyway if you have any questions or comments please fire away as i need my post count up to show you my existing cars!

Thanks
Steve

hey and welcome mate. sounds like youve got a plan made up already. 300bhp on £2k might be a bit fine.

get your post count up is easy. go to the polls and give your opions

Hi and welcome to TorqueCars its nice to have you along. We've got quite a few BMW owners on here now!

I reckon you should be able to get your target on £2k but you will have to source parts from breakers yards really. (Does that include the cost of the car or just the mods?)

i don't think 300bhp is possible for just £2k,not even if that's only for parts;exhaust stainless steel 3" 1500euros,ecu-upgrade;600euros,bmc-sportsfilter;300euros etc,etc,but i wish you the very best.

Hello, sounds like you'll have fun and its easy to do on that budget, just check out ebay usa for parts or even germany. Damb site cheaper than uk.;)

Thanks for the warm welcome, a few people think it can be down a few don't...we will have to see:blink:

I have been checking out ebay usa but got stung before on tax when bringing stuff over, is defo cheaper esp with the current exchange rate:D

They seem to love their volvos too and even got some coupes which we didn't seem to get...meh!

If anyone knows Volvo's inside out please see my thread in the volvo section as i am trying to build up as much knowledge as i can although keep finding contradicting infomation.

Thanks again

Steve

Alright mate, welcome to the illustrious TorqueCars forum! You'll have to have a thread in which you can post what you've spent money on. '300bhp for under £2000'.

Steve - feel free to update your thread as you find out new information. That way it will be there for the benefit of others that come after you. It's what I do on the site, if I get some new information I will update/alter or modify an article to reflect the current best practice.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back