A Hello to you from The Netherlands!!

Marcelsw20

Car
Toyota MR2 GTI sw20
Hi!

I'm marcel and i'm from Holland. I'm driving a toyota MR2 GTI. I was searching for more info about superchargers and run into this site. This is actually the first website where i could find the info i needed!

I had different cars but never really tuned them up. only did styling on them. So until recently i never heard of a piggyback system or something like that.

I'm planning on installing a superchaarger on my MR2, but on the mr forums i couldn't find the info i was looking for, several paople tried it but din't see a system that worked.

So i hope to find some of the answers to my questions here.

Grts Marcel

hey and welcome to torquecars mate.
i see you found the ACE's article then.
he build complete systems for the car, or you could have a go at plumbing one in yoursel like another member, claymore, did. he picked up an eaton supercharger from a mini cooper s off good old ebay and fitted it in place of his A/C

A complete system would be the most simple en quickest way, but i think it wil be more expencive to. Plus....i like figuring things out my self.

I was thinking about using a supercharger from mercedes. That pully works the same way as one from an aircon. does, with a magnet, so you can put it on and off....(atleast i hope i can)

Hi and welcome to TorqueCars nice to have you along. I can understand wanting to work things out for yourself but often the cost saving is more than taken up with the amount of time poured into the project.

You have a point there. Often people think (like myself) when they see a price for a complete pakkage that it's a lot of money....but in the end when you do things yourself, you end up with the same amount of money and the looks aint that good.....

but.....is there a comlete kit for a MR2? I never seen one before, and i've spent some time searching for one, but didn't find one.

Have a chat with AutoCustomEngineering. They are developing a few bolt on kits for mainly German cars but are interested in developing kits for other cars.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back