a few car pics from a meet on sunday

herb

modherbrator
Car
Seat Leon Cupra
i went to a mk3oc meet sunday and thought i would share a few pics a great afternoon

this is the car i mainly went to see a ph2 gsi with a v6 transplant

the blue gsi on the left was the 1 i was bidding on ebay a few moths ago

then as the meet was winding down and a few people had left these 2 turned up
a 350bhp 4x4 gsi

IMG%5D

and this 1 was 4 years in the making and i love it

there were 22 mk3's in total 5 turbo's 2 v6's a couple of redtop conversions and the rest were pretty much standard oh and a mint mk1 turned up with 50,000 on the clock with full service history

forgot to add the car of the meet i originally said 50,00 but i got it wrong it was 35,000 and 90% original from new
shropshiremeet28thsept2008039.jpg

shropshiremeet28thsept2008037.jpg

shropshiremeet28thsept2008038.jpg

the second owner from new the old dude by the door
shropshiremeet28thsept2008041.jpg

shropshiremeet28thsept2008042.jpg

shropshiremeet28thsept2008043.jpg

shropshiremeet28thsept2008044.jpg

Some really nice cars! My question is, on the blue one, does he have a muffler? I see its turned out infront of the front wheel with a turbo there cant be too much room for one there. Is this legal there? I have seen several where they come out behind the front wheel but they are strickly track cars.

Some really nice cars! My question is, on the blue one, does he have a muffler? I see its turned out infront of the front wheel with a turbo there cant be too much room for one there. Is this legal there? I have seen several where they come out behind the front wheel but they are strickly track cars.

no there is no muffler and its very loud just at tickover as for the legal issues im not sure but i think you can only be had for noise levels after a certain time something like 23:00 but this maybe car stereos im not 100% sure

No muffler and he drives on the street? Man, must be nice! If we tried that here in the States, they would slap us with a huge fine and possibly repo the car if it was too bad!

no there is no muffler and its very loud just at tickover as for the legal issues im not sure but i think you can only be had for noise levels after a certain time something like 23:00 but this maybe car stereos im not 100% sure

MOT INspection manual states:

With the engine running assess subjectively the effectiveness of the silencer
in reducing exhaust noise to a level considered to be average for the vehicle,
and the Reason for Rejection (RfR) is; a silencer in such condition, or of such
a type, that the noise emitted from the vehicle is clearly unreasonably above
the level expected from a similar vehicle with a silencer in average condition.

Also, if the noise is considered to be significantly higher than standard, you can be tugged by the plod. There is no time of day limit. The sounding of a horn, however, between 11:30pm and 7.00am or at any time when stationary is illegal :)

I didn't realise it was illegal to sound a horn whilst stationary. (That will upset pretty much every Taxi driver in the area;))

i take it this was just a meet for astras then,,why no other makes??? how did you come by the meet?im looking to go to a few with my punto,,know of any punto meets or where i could find some?,,or mixed meets?

i take it this was just a meet for astras then,,why no other makes??? how did you come by the meet?im looking to go to a few with my punto,,know of any punto meets or where i could find some?,,or mixed meets?
the meet was held by the mk3 owners club (basicly mk3 astras) the reason of no other make was because the club is car specific (mk3 astras) i come by the meet cause i am a member on that forum and just checked the local meets section meets or cruises are easy to find just use you internet budy google just type something along the lines of fiat forums or local meets + your area

im guessing he can seeing as though thats his name and his username is waynne1 on the site :toung::lol: but no idea why he hasn't done it on his show plate :confused:

Ah, I guess that you missed by little joke at the expense of this forum's administrator :)