A cars good days and bad days

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Does your car ever have good days and bad days?

I got in mine the other day and It just seemed so much more powerful and responsive than usual! It was really strange! I guess it was colder, I'd added some BG44K to the tank and had gone for a good run the day before but the car just seemed so much better some how!

Today though it was back to normal. Nippy but not stupidly quick like it was the other day. I just wonder how much of this is down to driver perception and how much is down to electronics in the car having a fit.

Strangely I thought the very same thing the other day with the Focus.
Not done anything different at all it just seemed to take off alot quicker than usual. :blink:

That's a point, the cold weather could be a factor here! Down here in the Metropolis I don't get the opportunity to tickle the throttle to see if I might experience the same thing :sad2:

The colder weather does make quite a difference with turbo charged engines. Only problem with that though is when its colder the roads tend to be less sticky. Bit of a shame really as it would be ideal for track/drag racing otherwise.

My 406 was very much livelier in cold damp air and this totally stands to reason. Double dose of Millers Diesel Power Sport and a tank of BP Ultimate on top made if feel not far off a Boxster in terms of midrange shove on such days.

I have heard ecu,s adapt to different drivers,also turbo,s run better in damp cold air,it makes the air going into the engine more dense,causing better combustion!.

My 406 was very much livelier in cold damp air and this totally stands to reason. Double dose of Millers Diesel Power Sport and a tank of BP Ultimate on top made if feel not far off a Boxster in terms of midrange shove on such days.

It wasn't far off either, even in real terms.