75 Corvette Tuning

75corvette

Car
corvette
Hi guys,

I own a 75 chevrolet manual 4 speed convertible which has had several mods made to the 350 small block already, These include: edelbrock performer heads, holley Carburettor, Hooker headers, side pipes, and MSD distributor, electronics etc.
I am now looking to increase its performance and driveability without making significant alerations to the chassis etc.

Any thoughts?

I have been looking at maybe a five speed manual box, altough I recently saw a 56 Chevy saloon fitted with an electrically operated overdrive unit between the box and rear axle ( Gave it 8 gears!!!)

Also I have looked at the possibility of adding twin electric fans and then fitting march pulleys to release im told around 17bhp!:rolleyes:

I am looking for any suggestions to accomplish the above without wasting time and money going down routes that maybe some one else has tried and found to be a waste.:(

Help.

Regards

75Corvette

depending on what you mean by modifying the chassis. you can have the engine ported and balance, bored out, change the material of the internals, change the compression ratio. supercharger kit (quite spendy to get installed), transmission swap, pulley kits (they change the material of the pulleys so they are lighter and better overall). hope this helps. i used to have a 73 but it had the 400 in it.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back