306 mechanicals into 307

Easy answer really, I'm a maintenance fitter by trade and I can do all my own car repairs generally, what I can't do though is read faults on an ECU. In the last twenty years I have spent less than £100 on garage bills, and I have no desire to up that figure now. On reflection though, I would fit an XUD engine out of something like a 306xldt if I could, but I'm guessing that it would be a big big job, cheers Nigel

Re: chip fat:......The XUD engine will tolerate all sorts of fuel.The Bosch rotary pumps are better in this respect that the Lucas and Delphi ones.

As per Turbonutter69, though, it does seem to be a bit of a strange thing to do. The XUD-T engines date back to about 1989 and all are totally outclassed by the later HDi engines. The 2.1 XUDT was unusual and apparently a bit of a reliability question mark for PSA but at only 110bhp anyway, why bother?

Far more reliable though,

Just buy a 306 dturbo it wouldn't be worth the time or money or the effort to transplant one into a 307, beside even though the 307 had more powerful engines the 306 would still run rings around it though :p

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back