306 Lowering springs!?!?!

B

Ben306hdi

Hi I'm wanting to lower my 306 hdi (only 40/60 mm)... For looks mostly but to get rid of the roll aswel. lol!

Was just wondering if anyone has any springs available? Or know where I can get them from??? Any advice would be much appreciated anyway..... Cheers! Ben

I'd second that you get what you pay for. I would go with a lowish drop nearer the 40mm mark. Even on a diesel 60mm is too much.

The diesel engine is heavier so you MUST GET SPECIFICLY a 306 HDI suspension kit, not a 306 suspension kit.

I should also say that your existing springs are no doubt sagging a little so you need to bear in mind that the drop quoted is from the standard cars ride height settings. The older the car the more it has sagged.

Cheers guys! Also what about the rear suspension, to my knowledge it isn't sat on springs? I have heard it's a fairly straight forward to drop but I'm never 100% convinced when someone claims a job to be 'easy' without seeing it done..... Also would I need any parts for the lowering of the rear end?

The Koni ones are within my price range ideally, do you think they would be suitable? Thanks for the link btw.

I was set on a 40 mm drop anyways so that has settled that! Cheers!!!

Your very welcome Ben306hdi! Let us know how you get on with them and post up some before/after pics. ;)

ben,
you will not need rear springs mate, yours will have a torsion bar the rear would be lowered by adjusting the bar going by my mates 306. 30mm drop would be ample, it looks just right. ;)

Ye, it is a torsion bar.... cheers mate, sounds like a plan! Now, it's just a mater of finding the time. lol.

I think the HDi Dturbos come with the sportyer suspension setup already

and they also have the same rear beam as the GTi-6 which makes the car a little more neutal and more fun when doing lift off oversteer and takes the jitty out the back when braking (they also come equiped with the rear discs aswell)

so you've got a good starting block already....i'm after the GTi-6 rear beam for my car

You're not wrong, the suspension is good just want a little of the roll taking out... drove a HDi with almost 200K on the clock once and even the suspension on that was impressive as standard :). Is a smart little motor and with my finances atm I am over the moon with it! Just wish I had some free cash to get the work rolling!!!!