2013 car related new year resolutions

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What are your new years resolutions going to be as far as your car and car ownership goes?

A new year is a great chance to start as you mean to go on and perhaps get into good maintenance habits or trade up to the car you've always wanted?

as doing a mechanics course i plan on doing as much work on my own and friends car as possible.
I wont be getting a new car for a while now i own the gt4

I aim to rebuild the MGs suspension as it is on 90k so it would benefit from replacement rubbers etc. Also looking to paint the suspension to preserve it. I've had this car near on eight years so may as well do some underbelly work on it. I also plan to carry out some work on the wife's MGF and right some of the carpark knocks and scraped alloys and get it looking tip top again. As for a new car, already done that this year so no changes for me in 2013 unless my numbers come up :blink1:

Increase my creative talents on the beast and to come away with a trophy at the Saab International Show in the summer.

Well 2012 was a year of rest my car didnt move but im getting motivated for 2013 or i will be too old to drive it :D.

Will be refreshing the engine, fitting a drysump system & the latest efr 9180 Borg turbo & go chaseing records again. With 838bhp on the old GT42 Turbo lets say the new one wont be less & with a far better spool. Not decided how much gas to run yet but have 200bhp capability.
Getting motivated again was spurred on by the recent run of 206.0 mph at Brunters by the Roosh tuned 800+ bhp Ford GT40 we hold the Ford record at 206.08mph :blink1: close enough to suggest I need to get my arse into gear.
We have the Power to run a 213/214 but talking about it aint the same as doing it or we would all hold records. Anything above 210.4mph would see the 4 cylinder & sub 2.2 litre records also back with my car & 214 would see a Top 5 slot, fastest ever in the UK over 1.5miles. The record is 223mph by Red Victor & a 1000bhp Porsche 2nd with a 222mph well out of reach of my old wreck.
I may be a senile old fart these days but im still mega competative.

Have a great Christmas guys & remember cars are a hobby not a chore.

Last edited:
I'm going to clean mine at least once a month whether it needs cleaning or not.

I've been slipping into bad habits lately and the car needs ploughing before I can wash it! :(

Well 2012 was a year of rest my car didnt move but im getting motivated for 2013 or i will be too old to drive it :D.

Will be refreshing the engine, fitting a drysump system & the latest efr 9180 Borg turbo & go chaseing records again. With 838bhp on the old GT42 Turbo lets say the new one wont be less & with a far better spool. Not decided how much gas to run yet but have 200bhp capability.
Getting motivated again was spurred on by the recent run of 206.0 mph at Brunters by the Roosh tuned 800+ bhp Ford GT40 we hold the Ford record at 206.08mph :blink1: close enough to suggest I need to get my arse into gear.
We have the Power to run a 213/214 but talking about it aint the same as doing it or we would all hold records. Anything above 210.4mph would see the 4 cylinder & sub 2.2 litre records also back with my car & 214 would see a Top 5 slot, fastest ever in the UK over 1.5miles. The record is 223mph by Red Victor & a 1000bhp Porsche 2nd with a 222mph well out of reach of my old wreck.
I may be a senile old fart these days but im still mega competative.

Have a great Christmas guys & remember cars are a hobby not a chore.

Hi Rod. It's good to know that you are still keen to go faster :) I look forward to following your progress next year.

I plan to do something on, or related to, the car every day (no matter how small and could include buying stuff, repairing machinery, tidying up etc) in order to get the bloody thing on the road.

In order to help me stick to this plan, I am going to keep a log on here so I can't miss a day :)

I plan to get my project "Escape Pod" VW T4 completed so I can run away as and when also Own an air cooled 911 so I can run away as and when. (Both by late May)...Hopefully.